Remnant II (PS5/Xbox Series/PC) - update (04/18): "Invoker Archetype" reveal trailer

Commissar SFLUFAN

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

I'm betting there isn't a difficulty setting. Skillz said it's extremely difficult. You couldn't handle it.

there are difficulty settings. The intent seems to be you increase difficulty as you and your weapons get stronger. Survivor, Veteran, Apocalypse, Nightmare.  

to change difficulty settings you have to reroll your world, which is kind of like starting over in a NG+. You keep all weapons and abilities, but the worlds have to be unlocked again and will randomize. You eventually need to reroll your world just to encounter all bosses and scenarios. 

you don’t have to increase difficulty, but there are some rewards in the game only earnable on higher difficulty settings. 

my (and the rest of the internet’s) recommendation is to start on survivor. When you unlock adventure mode you can play around in that without affecting your story World. 

3 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

there are difficulty settings. The intent seems to be you increase difficulty as you and your weapons get stronger. Survivor, Veteran, Apocalypse, Nightmare.  

to change difficulty settings you have to reroll your world, which is kind of like starting over in a NG+. You keep all weapons and abilities, but the worlds have to be unlocked again and will randomize. You eventually need to reroll your world just to encounter all bosses and scenarios. 

you don’t have to increase difficulty, but there are some rewards in the game only earnable on higher difficulty settings. 

my (and the rest of the internet’s) recommendation is to start on survivor. When you unlock adventure mode you can play around in that without affecting your story World. 

Very interesting. So on the easiest difficulty is it something an average gamer like myself could enjoy? 

Yeah the easiest difficulty in this game is normal in others so keep that in mind. Besides leveling up, Remnant is just a generally tough game that is going to require you to repeat sections a lot especially if you're playing solo. If you don't mind that, then by all means play it. it's a great game but is hard by current game standards.

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 1

3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah the easiest difficulty in this game is normal in others so keep that in mind. Besides leveling up, Remnant is just a generally tough game that is going to require you to repeat sections a lot especially if you're playing solo. If you don't mind that, then by all means play it. it's a great game but is hard by current game standards.

Ima pass. Thanks for the info

• Halal 1

10 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I hear you. I'm refraining from buying Atlas Fallen for the same reason. 

That also just looks objectively bad by modern standards. It looks like it would have made a decent Xbox 360/PS3 title though. But it looks like it has far less personality than even something like Darksiders. 

Yeah I feel ya @TheLeon sometimes I think I buy stuff just to stay up to date with trends, even if I haven’t finished the last one or the last game that caught my eye. In the last size weeks I’ve started Kena, CP2077, R&C Rift Apart, and Remnant 2. I have not finished the campaign story of any of them yet, but want to. I’m holding off on BG3 for a bit because of this, but then in 2 weeks there’s Starfield. 

• Hugs 1

5 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

That also just looks objectively bad by modern standards. It looks like it would have made a decent Xbox 360/PS3 title though. But it looks like it has far less personality than even something like Darksiders. 

I'm hearing that it's actually quite good besides the story and voice acting which doesn't mean that much to me. Gameplay, particularly the co-op drop in drop out gameplay is supposedly top notch. I'm definitly getting it, just not right now.

2 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

But are you really at the end? After that boss you will need to reroll the world to get different bosses and scenarios and dungeons. 

Oh I know that. That's pretty much doing another playthrough. You could also just do adventure mode to see what you've missed. That's why they added it in this game for those who didn't want to reroll.