Ron DeSantis oversaw torture in Guantanamo.

2 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Wanna bet?

1670371748289.jpg
WWW.AXIOS.COM

The way he handled 2020 was much more in line with where the GOP is now.

DeSantisRon_debate2022-1.jpg?strip=1&w=6
WWW.WFLA.COM

Speaking at a private event over the weekend, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said his administration plans to hold vaccine manufacturers accountable for making false claims about vaccine side effects.

I only bet when it’s blackjack. Deal some cards!

15 minutes ago, Joe said:

Don’t say gay and his election fraud unit are both pretty bad. Not to mention the outright anti-vaxxer rhetoric. To say that it’s been “skepticism” is not doing the bullshit he has been saying justice.

7 minutes ago, Joe said:

Also did we forget about the Stop WOKE act, which many conservatives were even like “uh that’s fucking crazy.”

Not a single thing here is anything more than a political stunt. The "don't say gay" bill stops things from going on in classrooms that largely are not occurring! The election fraud unit, while a menace to the handful of people who have been arrested, was known from the time it was created that it wouldn't produce any convictions (and you can see all the cases getting dismissed already). I'm also not sure what you're talking about with regards to anti-vaxxer rhetoric, the state continues to recommend Covid vaccination.

There is nothing fundamentally different about the governance of DeSantis in Florida, compared to somebody like Kemp in Georgia, or Dewine in Ohio. The difference is almost wholly in the persona DeSantis has crafted with these various stunts. And a lot of you are falling for it :p 

2 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Not a single thing here is anything more than a political stunt. The "don't say gay" bill stops things from going on in classrooms that largely are not occurring! The election fraud unit, while a menace to the handful of people who have been arrested, was known from the time it was created that it wouldn't produce any convictions (and you can see all the cases getting dismissed already). I'm also not sure what you're talking about with regards to anti-vaxxer rhetoric, the state continues to recommend Covid vaccination.

There is nothing fundamentally different about the governance of DeSantis in Florida, compared to somebody like Kemp in Georgia, or Dewine in Ohio. The difference is almost wholly in the persona DeSantis has crafted with these various stunts. And a lot of you are falling for it :p 

The Stop WOKE act is very extreme and goes as far as instructing business how they can and can’t train their employees. Granted, it got struck down but it’s not like he won’t push similar legislation as President.

1 minute ago, Joe said:

The Stop WOKE act is very extreme and goes as far as instructing business how they can and can’t train their employees. Granted, it got struck down but it’s not like he won’t push similar legislation as President.

Governors help pass legislation they know will get struck down in every single state because they are putting on a show for their base. I'm starting to get the sense that most of you don't pay much attention to state level politics, and think what is going on in Florida is some oddity because it confirms your priors about Florida(man).

2 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Governors help pass legislation they know will get struck down in every single state because they are putting on a show for their base. I'm starting to get the sense that most of you don't pay much attention to state level politics, and think what is going on in Florida is some oddity because it confirms your priors about Florida(man).

Please show me another governor who is considered standard GOP fare pushing a law as extreme as the Stop WOKE act for it to be struck down by the courts. I’m legitimately curious.

17 minutes ago, Joe said:

Please show me another governor who is considered standard GOP fare pushing a law as extreme as the Stop WOKE act for it to be struck down by the courts. I’m legitimately curious.

The most obvious example of this phenomenon isn't even a GOP governor, it is the California board seat law and the goofy Newsom sponsored tattletale law about guns.

I'm heading out for the evening, I'll see what you have to say tomorrow :fap:

27 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

The most obvious example of this phenomenon isn't even a GOP governor, it is the California board seat law and the goofy Newsom sponsored tattletale law about guns.

I'm heading out for the evening, I'll see what you have to say tomorrow :fap:

That also was covered nationally thought! 

The claim that all governors do this and we just don’t notice is simply untrue.

• 3 weeks later...