what are some comics i can buy for my nephew?

johnny

my nephews birthday is in December and he’ll be turning 10 (time fucking flies man). id like to get him a couple comics but i’m not a comic guy so i have no idea what to get. his parents def don’t want him reading anything too mature so it needs to be age appropriate. 

id like to get at least one comic about a well known superhero because he only knows about what is popular from the MCU and DCEU but not all suggestions have to be 

any help would be very appreciated 

Both DC and Marvel have young adult lines for kids around his age range that are great for kids just starting out and you can always get some trades for him.

There's Marvel Superhero Adventures

Squirrel Girl

Tiny Titans

Super Sons

Miles Morales Spiderman

Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur

Bone

Gotham High

Ms Marvel

among others. There's also this list as well

jbareham_1901219_0985_0001.jpg
WWW.POLYGON.COM

From Raina to Hilda to New Kid and everywhere in-between

A lot of kids today are into Manga as well so there's One Piece, Inuyasha, Naruto and of COURSE Dragonballz.

19 hours ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

Get him those gay Superman Pride comics. There's only 18 of them.

Was this an uproar on right wing media or something? "Gay Superman" is actually his son and he's bisexual. Tim Drake is bisexual now as well in the comics. His new solo comic isn't that good and I prefer Damian to be honest, but Superman: Son of Kal-El is a GREAT book. Tom King is one of the best writers in the business right now. 

Back on topic I just got back from the comic store buying some comics for my nephews who have expressed an interest. I got them some light stuff...A sonic comic for the 5 year old and a Death of Superman graphic novel and a Star Wars manga adaptation for the older one. 

7 hours ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

I'm being genuine. He should buy the Pride Superman book series, especially since it's only 18 issues. All I've ever known it to be called was "the gay Superman book," *shrugs*

I dunno... it's a great book but not one I would recommend for young kids. Not because of the gay content, which is very mild and not even a focus of the story, but because the book just deals with stuff that would fly over a little kids' head like political intrigue and international law. Like the limitations of a being like Superman being able to affect world change without completely disregarding the sovereignty of nations. Seems a little heady for a young kid to me. 

My nephew is 12 and expressed an interest in comics so I went to the store yesterday and got him a couple of books... Batman vs Robin, The Death of Superman 30th anniversary special and Star Wars: Revelations... Star wars done by manga writers and artists since he's into anime. He seemed happy with them.

13 hours ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

I'm being genuine. He should buy the Pride Superman book series, especially since it's only 18 issues. All I've ever known it to be called was "the gay Superman book," *shrugs*

unfortunately i don’t think this would fly with my brother 🙄

• Sad 1