I like TikTok and all but this is a worrying trend

Posting links because yolo

2646ed4d5cc04239bb2cb56e664b5593_1666735
WWW.TIKTOK.COM

This dude is world class… The song is called Solar Powered by Fulton Lee 🤩 Available everywhere

dbebaff51d994c57b890cd6f2f09df10_1663607
WWW.TIKTOK.COM

Love these two @The Northern Boys link in bio

This is what my feed looks like I didn't even know you could get news here.

FUCK ALL OF YOU

I came into this 3-page thread hoping to see an epic argument about TikTok but no, you guys are just sharing links and talking about food, depriving me of watching people who have posted together for decades rip each other apart.

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

In all seriousness, FB remains my most used even though I have Twitter, IG, and TikTok. While Youtube is easily the best for me for searching videos and seeing cool, in-depth vids as well as short ones, FB has the best combination of video searches, searching profiles, writing statuses, posting pictures, and posting videos as a social media platform. With Twitter, I find it much harder to search, and it's not really good to use as a personal profile. With IG, you can post pictures that have to be cropped more than on FB, but you can't really post statuses if you just have something to say, and it seems like you have to post a picture and then post a link rather than post a link and have a summary pic auto-populate. With TikTok, I'm still working slowly on familiarizing myself with it, but most of the videos seem like really short "influencer" vids, and I'm still not sure how or if you're supposed to use it as a personal page. Some of the videos that gain traction are advertisements for someone's Instagram, like one girl who has a video where it says something like, "Most people think I look innocent. Until they go to my Instagram," and then she does that Vanna White pose guiding you to the link at the bottom. I didn't click the link, but I was like, "Why is this recommended to me?" 

Maybe TikTok is just supposed to be a glorified video search site and I haven't figured that out yet. Every time I think social media, I think old school that I have a profile and connect with friends, but I definitely don't feel Twitter is like that, and TikTok doesn't strike me as that either. FB is easy to use for personal stuff and for searching for things as I would Twitter/TikTok, so I've never really had a reason to use another one more than FB.