I got a call from US courts about my dad

Fizzzzle

Anyone know why this might be a thing? He told me this morning to expect a call and was like "I'll tell you about it later." "US Courts" was the actual caller ID.

They just asked me a bunch of questions about his background. When/where was he born, has he ever been married, what states has he lived in, does he work, etc.

What could that possibly be about? I've never heard of anything like that from the courts beyond things like jury selection, but I've served on like 5 juries and they never called my relatives.

14 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

This is a scam and your dad appears to have fallen for it.  That "US Courts" caller ID was spoofed.

Representatives of the US court system will NEVER use a phone call to contact someone.

That's what I thought. I've never heard of that at all. I just played dumb or made up shit.

10 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Or perhaps at the age of 72 my dad finally got accepted to the CIA. I know they're looking for semi-retired auto parts delivery men with no reasonable connections to blend in with normal Americans

Tell him to not trust anyone. Works for me perfectly. 

• True 1

15 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I'd say that's definitely a conversation you should be having with him sooner rather than later.

I just remembered you were the first person I asked about that security breach of the military/govt employees that happened some years back because everything about it screamed "don't give any personal information" to me 

41 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Or perhaps at the age of 72 my dad finally got accepted to the CIA. I know they're looking for semi-retired auto parts delivery men with no reasonable connections to blend in with normal Americans

That made me laugh out loud. Glad you fed them bullshit and didn't fall for anything. 

I'm actually a representative of the US courts and if you could PM me some information. What was your high school mascot? What was the name of your first pet? What was your grandma's maiden name?

Now PM me the answers with the last 4 digits of your social security number and your cooperation will have been very helpful to our investigation.

• Haha 2
  • True 1