Like a Dragon 8 - Announcement Trailer - Coming to PS4/5, XBO, XSX/S and Steam in 2024

Brian

• Brian changed the title to Like a Dragon 8 - Announcement Trailer - Coming to PS4/5, XBO, XSX/S and Steam in 2024
10 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

This game's naming convention makes zero sense whatsoever :lol:

It's essentially mashing together the Yakuza numbering with the Like a Dragon name and coming up with something totally nonsensical!

Actually Like a Dragon is what it's actual name is in japan (龍が如く) translated to english. It was never called yakuza there, only in the west. As for why now to finally drop the Yakuza name I'm not sure and is a bit silly even though the name has less to do with the stories.

5 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Right - which means it should be "Like a Dragon 8" in Japan and "Like a Dragon 2" in the West :p

Technically Yakuza: Like a Dragoon 2. 

-edit-

there is a chance the name will be update/change closer to release in 2024. The announcement today is coming from a rgs/sega even in Japan. I think for 7 it was simply announced under its japanese name and everybody called it Yakuza 7 until they changed it later to Yakuza: LAD.

16 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

This game's naming convention makes zero sense whatsoever :lol:

It's essentially mashing together the Yakuza numbering with the Like a Dragon name and coming up with something totally nonsensical!

I was very confused even after finding out generally what it was. 

"Do we want to put a title like this where we're going around and picking a fight with the world and doing all this Yakuza stuff, on a Switch," Yokoyama explained. According to the producer, the family-friendly image of the Switch in its home ground of Japan clashes with the "underground feeling" that Yakuza games project.

"We still kind of think of ourselves as people of the night world, right? We don't want to be like walking around the day with everybody else," Yokoyama said. "Like for us, it's kind of showing this kind of underground feeling. I think the underground kind of feeling is what we want to do."

Sorry @GameDadGrant

Nintendo can change that image by releasing a Switch Pro along with BOTW2 and Metroid Prime 4. 

4035418-yakuzalad.jpg
WWW.GAMESPOT.COM

The wholesome image that the Switch currently projects clashes with the underground attitude of the Yakuza series according to executive producer Masayoshi Yokoyama.

32 minutes ago, Brian said:

Sorry @GameDadGrant

Nintendo can change that image by releasing a Switch Pro along with BOTW2 and Metroid Prime 4. 

4035418-yakuzalad.jpg
WWW.GAMESPOT.COM

The wholesome image that the Switch currently projects clashes with the underground attitude of the Yakuza series according to executive producer Masayoshi Yokoyama.

Has this executive producer spent 5 minutes browsing the degenerate fucking eshop?

Anyway, this gonna be more turn-based, right? I think the brawling in these games sucks ass, but would love to see how they develop the turn-based system.

24 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Has this executive producer spent 5 minutes browsing the degenerate fucking eshop?

Anyway, this gonna be more turn-based, right? I think the brawling in these games sucks ass, but would love to see how they develop the turn-based system.

Yup. 8 will be turn based 

5 hours ago, Brian said:

Sorry @GameDadGrant

4035418-yakuzalad.jpg
WWW.GAMESPOT.COM

Pfft. It's coming to Steam, so if I played games like this, I'd just play it on my Deck! 

Weird excuse by the developer not to put it on Switch. But no big deal, I'm not mad. 

• True 1

41 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

Pfft. It's coming to Steam, so if I played games like this, I'd just play it on my Deck! 

Weird excuse by the developer not to put it on Switch. But no big deal, I'm not mad. 

You should TRY one on deck, they are great for it!