Tekken 8 (PS5/Xbox Series/PC) - "Season 1" trailer

Commissar SFLUFAN

Yeah looks like online is broken right now. It's back up but it seems like the game frequently crashes after an online match. (I haven't tried it myself but just looking at [max] play it - He's playing the PS5 version so I don't know how much it crashes on anything else)

6 hours ago, stepee said:

Not yet, have tried that mode yet but will soon. I’m going to want to actually mix modes because going through character stories ends up being too much of the same background over and over. I would rather it went through different stages, idk why it doesn’t tbh. Even if nothing else with the setup or anything changed, just swapping around backgrounds. It’s my only complaint so far. Still awesome of course that each character even gets a unique story with cinematics like this.

I think the reason every characters episode has the same background is because they all end with them entering the Iron Fist Tournament. So it’s gotta be in the arena. I played a few matches versus the cpu from the arcade hub and it lets you randomize what background and location you fight at. They looked really good. Then I tried 1 ranked match and got my ass handed to me and played 1 quick match which I won. The online for me was smooth and no hiccups. I got thru 11 of the episodes. I’ll finish them this weekend. The game is pretty damn fun.  

Had to turn Post Processing Quality to Medium because the game looks like blurry ass at anything higher but other than that it's looking good.

I was looking forward to playing Reina but she's crazy. I haven't played too much so far, that's just my first impressions. :p

46 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Had to turn Post Processing Quality to Medium because the game looks like blurry ass at anything higher but other than that it's looking good.

I was looking forward to playing Reina but she's crazy. I haven't played too much so far, that's just my first impressions. :p

PC? I didn’t see any type of performance/quality mode on my PS5. 

5 minutes ago, Biggie said:

PC? I didn’t see any type of performance/quality mode on my PS5. 

Yeah it's a PC setting. I don't know what the default is like for PS5. I could take a screenshot.

I was kind of lost at first with this game, because it automatically acts like you know what "heat" is but I tried out the arcade quest and it's actually pretty helpful in that regard. Now I'm kind of motivated to keep learning.

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

What res you at? It’s softer on ultra but I feel it loses some atmosphere on medium. I’d try super sampling on Ultra.

I think atmosphere is tied to special effects or whatever, if you turn it down you see the fog disappear. PPQ looks like chromatic aberrationish type stuff.

• Halal 1

40 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

So this is with Post Processing Quality on Ultra

spacer.png

and this is on medium

spacer.png

Even if you don't enlarge the screenshots you can see a difference.

Easily tell the differences in those photos. Especially the left girl with the blue hair & head are pretty blurry along with the girl on the rights outfit in the gold decorative stuff. I would think @60fps it's all a bit blurry anyways though right? Is there motion blur on?

Anyways will be grabbing this game soon I hope. Probably on PC as I have regathered a lot of my modern fighters that were lost on in the fire and tekken was always a huge household favorite. I still need to grab Dead or Alive 5, I think it's plays better than 6.  

I see it's 100gigs!!! gonna be tough on the Ally....lol I also see that it's Recommended req are:  Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 so I'm holding my own and toeing the line just barely with my 2080Ti! :nerd:

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, HardAct said:

I see it's 100gigs!!! gonna be tough on the Ally....lol I also see that it's Recommended req are:  Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 so I'm holding my own and toeing the line just barely with my 2080Ti! :nerd:

I had the same reaction. But it's only 86 gigs on disk so not as bad...

(and yeah I had motion blur off, it's actually a separate option)

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I had the same reaction. But it's only 86 gigs on disk so not as bad...

Good thing I don’t have a data cap any longer, downloading it on my deck, laptop, desktop was 300gb, or almost a third of the ol 1tb comcast monthly cap!

• Sicko 1

Just now, stepee said:

Good thing I don’t have a data cap any longer, downloading it on my deck, laptop, desktop was 300gb, or almost a third of the ol 1tb comcast monthly cap!

Someone said you could remote install from your desktop to your deck. I haven't tried it but possibly something to think about in the future.

3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Someone said you could remote install from your desktop to your deck. I haven't tried it but possibly something to think about in the future.

Actually it does the automatically and it works good desktop to deck but then it’ll do it the opposite way sometimes when I download on desktop and it tries to pull from my deck and that works less well. 

But to the deck it does pull in some great speeds! In this case I did all three at the same time and I have 1.5gb and no cap anyway.

13 minutes ago, stepee said:

I like how it has contrast settings in-game and even a setting to bump the effect contrast which hell yes I want high. The game POPS.

Yeah POP is exactly it. I turned up contrast and left hdr brightness where it was. Looks fantastic even when there is a lot of stuff going on in fights. I haven’t won a ranked match yet but I can win the quick matches. 

• Like 1

This release makes me so happy, just seeing fighters in such a good place. Fighters were in a pretty bad place for awhile and then SF4 kinda brought them back and then esports gave them new life. And now I feel like they are almost back in the glory days with this and SF6 and honestly a lot of other really good stuff from the likes of Arc and even SNK has been doing solid output mostly. 

The time is obviously now to bring back stuff like SC and VF!

Also I like seeing the Japanese game companies I grew up with succeed still. So it’s good to see Namco also in such a good place with this and as publisher of From titles and some other recent successes. Marvel Land 2 when!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stepee said:

The time is obviously now to bring back stuff like SC and VF!

Don't hold your breath for SoulCalibur. Six was a pretty big failure and the producer bet his career on the game and has since left after it's poor sales numbers. They even just recently delisted SC5. Bad times for SoulCalibur fans but Bandai Namco wants nothing to do with that series anymore. :p

WWW.EUROGAMER.NET

Tekken 8 tested on all systems. This is the Digital Foundry verdict.

Visually speaking, Tekken 8 builds on the seventh entry with a focus on a grungy, hyper detailed aesthetic. Characters are chiseled with exaggerated features and clothing designed to emphasise their style. In some ways, it feels a little too busy for my tastes but I think the overall model quality is a nice step up from Tekken 7 with rounder edges, improved materials, better skin shading and much improved clothing. Integration into the much-improved scene lighting is also a night and day difference. This is consistent throughout the game - there's just more detail everywhere you look, lending it a richer overall appearance.

More importantly, Tekken 8 isn't limited by older consoles, there's no cross-gen drag here. It's crisp and sharp on almost all systems, with a higher 'quality of life' factor. Firstly, above all else, one of the biggest improvements stems from loading times - basically, in the last generation of fighters (including Tekken 7) loading between matches takes long enough to become annoying. With Tekken 8, we're basically back to pre-disc loading speeds - just enough time for the animation to play out followed by a jump right into the game. It's slightly faster on PS5 versus other platforms including my PC, but all are extremely quick.

Seems pretty happy with it. Im using John’s recommended deck settings now and I do think it’s better than what I was using, retains more of its identity. Medium shadows and post process, high textures, low everything else at 720p with tsr at a 65% scale.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Tekken 8 (PS5/Xbox Series/PC) - "A brilliant fighting game packed with superb technology" (Digital Foundry technical review)

@stepee Do you ever snoop around the game files?

I was looking to see if the soundtrack was in the game files (doubtful but would be pretty awesome if you could just find the soundtrack for all the Tekken games in the game files) and I stumbled upon where they put the DLSS file. They're actually using an old version, 3.1.13 so I replaced it with the newer version 3.5

Wasn't really concentrating on the performance afterward but it didn't break the game so it was likely an improvement. :p

@stepee Check these settings out. It appears you can get more granular with them if you tweak the right files.

STEAMCOMMUNITY.COM

The graphics settings of Tekken 8 are pretty barebones and it does not allow one to, do even the most basic settings like disable chromatic aberration or disable upscaling. This guide will help you do all the basic and advanced settings for this game and will also let you optimize your game for better visuals, better performance or both :) This guide has been turned into a visual guide because the wall of text was getting very...

Like by default Anistropic Filtering isn't at 16 and Chromatic Aberration is on (and tied to the post processing effects like I thought)

• Sicko 1

Cot damn. I finally finished the Reina trials and then I was curious about Alisa so I did her combo trials too. I think she's a bit easier plus she takes off her head and has chainsaw arms.

My hands are super sore but I think I'm kind of wrapping my head around the system. My issue was I kind of just dial in the commands as fast as I can but it turns out you have to give some moves some space to breathe to do it correctly.

So now I'm not sure if I want to go back to Reina, she's tough but I might as well stick with her since I put so much time in. :p

• Halal 1