Glucose monitor kit suggestions?

Remarkableriots

If you’re doing just a regular finger stick one, just go get the cheap Walmart brand one. But I would really suggest trying to get a prescription for a Freestyle Libre 14 day or Libre 2. I would even be happy to buy you a few months worth of sensors if money is an issue.

Have you looked into healthcare.gov for a more affordable insurance plan. Many insurance companies cover continuous glucose monitors 100% because they produce far better patient results due to much more useful data!

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

If you’re doing just a regular finger stick one, just go get the cheap Walmart brand one. But I would really suggest trying to get a prescription for a Freestyle Libre 14 day or Libre 2. I would even be happy to buy you a few months worth of sensors if money is an issue.

Have you looked into healthcare.gov for a more affordable insurance plan. Many insurance companies cover continuous glucose monitors 100% because they produce far better patient results due to much more useful data!

I was waiting a little while on the insurance because i was worried i wouldn't have enough to pay for August rent before returning to work.

1 minute ago, Remarkableriots said:

I was waiting a little while on the insurance because i was worried i wouldn't have enough to pay for August rent before returning to work.

See what they can offer with the subsidies. I’d be happy to assist too. Need to get going quickly on getting your a1c in a good place. You don’t want to veal with escalating issues like kidney failure

18 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

See what they can offer with the subsidies. I’d be happy to assist too. Need to get going quickly on getting your a1c in a good place. You don’t want to veal with escalating issues like kidney failure

Doesn't look like i qualify for any of the Qualifying Life Events for special enrollment period. Looks like i have to wait for Nov. 1st.

3 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

Doesn't look like i qualify for any of the Qualifying Life Events for special enrollment period. Looks like i have to wait for Nov. 1st.

They don’t verify, just say you do. You need help NOW, who cares about dumb enrollment windows? 

3 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

They want "Please provide supporting documents to confirm your life event. Once you have provided verification documents, you will have the ability to shop for plans."

Apply for Medicaid and when they deny you, use the denial letter.

3 minutes ago, Rachel said:

it’s so crazy/scary the things that can happen. My diabetes has been relatively um, mild? I guess you could say. I honestly forget I have it most of the time. But I know it’s a progressive and sometimes unpredictable disease so it’s scary what could happen despite my best efforts, especially down the road as I get older. 

I was in good shape for like 15 years and then right when I turned 30 things just shifted in a major way and it became very difficult to manage with my regimen up to that point. Partly because I was diagnosed initially as a regular type 1 and it turns out I have a condition called MODY which needed a different care regimen.

43 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

@sblfilms

I had my sugar checked today at the Dr. appointment and mine was 9.9.

My guy, gotta start working that number down!

What meds are they putting you on?

13 hours ago, Rachel said:

How did you fuck up strips?

If you aren’t much of a bleeder, you can ruin a strip by not getting enough blood on the strip.

4 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I’ve done that a fair few times on patients. And sometimes, our strips just act dead and won’t react. Really annoying. 

Especially since you know you only brought one damn lancet with you.

• True 1

1 hour ago, Rachel said:

How do you feel that apoc lied to you?

I had started to figure it out before it became knowledge. I’d have a story apoc would have the same etc.

Also half a decade ago now, I’ve had a lot more important things happen in my life in that time.

aka, legit do not care.