HARVESTELLA - Coming to PC & Switch, November 4, 2022

Keyser_Soze

HARVESTELLA is a Life Simulation RPG where you can enjoy daily life, socializing, and adventuring.

For example, you could spend a relaxing day farming, fishing, or raising livestock, head to town to chat up the locals, or step bravely into a dungeon to take on some monsters - the choice is yours.

Whatever activities you engage in (and there a lot of things you can do), time constantly passes. You’re free to spend it as you please, but every 30 days, the seasons change: Spring, summer, autumn, winter.

But there’s one more season to worry about in HARVESTELLA: Quietus!

It occurs as the seasons shift. During this time, the crops wither and the deadly dust prevents people from walking around outside.         You’ll have to plan your farming and activities around the endless march of time - and the approach of Quietus.

The Story

HARVESTELLA takes place on a planet where four giant crystals, known as the Seaslight, govern the seasons. All life receives their blessings.

One day, the Seaslight start behaving abnormally. Quietus begins to visit in the interim between seasons - and quickly establishes itself as the season of death. The Seaslight glow with a strange light, emitting a dust formed of light that threatens all it touches - crops die, and people are trapped inside.

During one particular Quietus, your character - a traveler - collapses in an isolated village. You meet a girl called Aria, who claims to have come from the future and is researching the mysteries of this new, unwelcome season.

Thus you and she take the first step on a journey that will reveal the very truth of the world.

WWW.SQUARE-ENIX-GAMES.COM

Welcome to the official SQUARE ENIX website. Find all the latest news and updates about your favourite games and upcoming releases.

11 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

It doesn't seem this game will have any dating sim aspects. I wonder how important that is to this genre. I don't think I've ever played a console farming sim that didn't feature a bunch of eligible bachelorettes and sometimes bachelors.

Well, you do interact with them in some way and increase your "closeness" which is kind of similar. 🤷‍♀️

HARVESTELLA_P12_Partner01-8p1owk1st.jpeg

HARVESTELLA_P12_Partner02-al2ktful6.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Well, you do interact with them in some way and increase your "closeness" which is kind of similar. 🤷‍♀️

HARVESTELLA_P12_Partner01-8p1owk1st.jpeg

HARVESTELLA_P12_Partner02-al2ktful6.jpeg

I guess we'll see if there's any marriage or anything like that in the game. It just feels weird if there isn't since it's been a genre staple since the first Harvest Moon back on the SNES.

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

It doesn't seem this game will have any dating sim aspects. I wonder how important that is to this genre. I don't think I've ever played a console farming sim that didn't feature a bunch of eligible bachelorettes and sometimes bachelors.

I assume that you haven’t played this:

It’s a farming sim (with action adventure aspects) that doesn’t have any dating or marriage in it. It’s pretty good, and I would recommend checking it out if you like the genre.

13 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

Same. I wanna get my virtual dick wet, if you know what I mean.

7 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

If you want to get your virtual dick wet, play Second Life.

I'm interested. Do they feature a scenario in which I accidentally splash my pants with water because I happened to use a watering can, haphazardly, whilst watering my crops?

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...