SCOTUS expected to overturn Miranda rights warning?

PolicelightsGettyImages-943697000.jpg?w=
THEHILL.COM

While all eyes are focused on the recently leaked draft of the Supreme Court opinion on Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization, which would end constitutional protections for aborti…

These warnings, known as Miranda warnings after the 1966 Supreme Court case that first prescribed them, have become critical protections against coercive police interrogations and are routinely recited by officers whenever they make arrests or question suspects in custody.

The Supreme Court now seems poised to reverse its decision in Miranda, which, much like Dobbs, would give states—and, to a significant extent, individual towns—the power to decide an important question of policy: whether police should be legally required to give these warnings.

Sure why not.

• Guillotine 4

I read the article, and it gives no evidence or indication for why SCOTUS is "expected" to reverse Miranda.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the court do this, but it seems like the author uses the expectation of reversal as a predicate to talk about police reforms. In reality, he could have just written an article on police reforms, although I suspect it wouldn't receive as many clicks.

7 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

I read the article, and it gives no evidence or indication for why SCOTUS is "expected" to reverse Miranda.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the court do this, but it seems like the author uses the expectation of reversal as a predicate to talk about police reforms. In reality, he could have just written an article on police reforms, although I suspect it wouldn't receive as many clicks.

We got Rileyed? 

Some info here: 

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brig
WWW.LATIMES.COM

As the Supreme Court's term wraps up, justices are expected to rule on Roe vs. Wade, gun laws and the EPA's authority to limit carbon emissions.

And:

Banner210405r.jpg
WWW.SCOTUSBLOG.COM

Miranda v. Arizona is one of the most significant Supreme Court decisions in American criminal procedure. Miranda answered the question, “does the Fifth Amendment’s protection against self-incrimination extend to the police interrogation of a suspect?” with a resounding “yes” and required that an in