Anybody have any recommendations for theme parks or water parks in the Virginia/Maryland region?

I have an extended site visit at our Virginia drive in around June and will be taking the kids with us this time since they haven’t been. Wanting to find some other stuff to do while we are out that way.

37 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I have an extended site visit at our Virginia drive in around June and will be taking the kids with us this time since they haven’t been. Wanting to find some other stuff to do while we are out that way.

I'll 3rd King's Dominion.  June is the perfect time for it too (go on a weekday).  What part of VA will you be in?  I might be able to give you more specific recommendations if it's one of the areas I used to live near.

10 minutes ago, Slug said:

I'll 3rd King's Dominion.  June is the perfect time for it too (go on a weekday).  What part of VA will you be in?  I might be able to give you more specific recommendations if it's one of the areas I used to live near.

Drive in is near Winchester, VA, so about 90ish minutes slightly SW of DC. But we can drive. Like, it blows me away how in a shorter drive than Houston to Dallas we can be in like 25 of the 50 states in the US up there 😂

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

Drive in is near Winchester, VA, so about 90ish minutes slightly SW of DC. But we can drive. Like, it blows me away how in a shorter drive than Houston to Dallas we can be in like 25 of the 50 states in the US up there 😂

Oh so out near the valley. My sister actually lives in Winchester. If you're into nature stuffs, Eagle Point Overlook is a great hike and you aren't too much of a drive from Luray Caverns which are pretty cool. 

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

Man, back in the day EVERY summer started with a slip’n’slide at our house with all my cousins

Hell yeah. My friend used to live right next to this like 20 foot hill. We didn't have a real slip'n'slide, but we nailed some tarp down to the hill and went to town. We'd only stop when one of us hit one of the stakes/tent pegs or whatever and get a nasty bloody bruise from the stakes/tent pegs/ whatever we used to nail down the tarp, so his mom would freak out.

Those were the days.

.... I want to go on a water slide...