Skryrim gets ported to a new platform: the tabletop

Commissar SFLUFAN

cover_image.JPG
WWW.POLYGON.COM

Exclusive details on The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim - The Adventure Game, which launches Tuesday on Gamefound

Skyrim is being ported to a new format: board games. Modiphius Entertainment, maker of The Elder Scrolls miniatures game and Fallout tabletop games, will release The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim - The Adventure Game in 2022, and Polygon has an exclusive preview.

The game’s multiple narrative campaigns, its creators say, will offer new insights into Skyrim’s lore, including a prequel to the events of the video game. Skyrim - The Adventure Game will go up for pre-order Tuesday on the new Gamefound platform. The final product, which is also destined for a retail release, could arrive with backers as early as next spring.

Skyrim - The Adventure Game is a tabletop experience for 1-4 players, who work together cooperatively in sessions that last between 90 and 120 minutes each. Players take on the role of one of six characters, each one based on an iconic fantasy race from The Elder Scrolls series: Altmer, Dunmer, Imperial, Khajiit, Nord, and Orsimer. Each comes with its own unique set of powers and affinities, which in turn provide the game with its gameplay diversity.

70ed2273-c80c-4d83-8667-0325ae511f19.jpg
GAMEFOUND.COM

An epic co-operative or solo adventure across Skyrim with hundreds of hours of gameplay. Go back to Skyrim with friends!

3 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

I saw Tamriel / Elder Scroll minis the last time I was at my FLGS, I didn’t know this was also coming down the pipe. Makes sense though, as there’s a Fallout board game as well as a miniature skirmish game.

Modiphius is the company behind the Fallout miniatures game (Wasteland Warfare), the Elder Scrolls miniatures game (Call to Arms), and the new Fallout tabletop RPG.  There is no Elder Scrolls tabletop RPG (yet), but I'm pretty damned sure that's coming at some point as well.

The Fallout board game was created by Fantasy Flight Games.

3 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Modiphius is the company behind the Fallout miniatures game (Wasteland Warfare), the Elder Scrolls miniatures game (Call to Arms), and the new Fallout tabletop RPG.  There is no Elder Scrolls tabletop RPG (yet), but I'm pretty damned sure that's coming at some point as well.

The Fallout board game was created by Fantasy Flight Games.

Yeah an ES TTRPG seems inevitable at this point. I have the Fallout board game and, true to form, have never played it. :|

• 4 weeks later...