XeSS - Intel's DLSS compeditor, DF comparison video out

crispy4000

• 1 year later...
  • crispy4000 changed the title to XeSS - Intel's DLSS compeditor, DF comparison video out

In summary, it's not as good as DLSS 2.32 overall (newer versions exist).  But other than some occasional flicker patterns and aliasing issues, it's quite close.

Anyone with an NVIDIA card will want to stick with DLSS.  But there's now a larger question of FSR 2.1 vs XeSS on AMD hardware (including consoles), both in quality and performance.  DF did say XeSS will look at its best on ARC cards, as tested.

1 hour ago, crispy4000 said:

In summary, it's not as good as DLSS 2.32 overall (newer versions exist).  But other than some occasional flicker patterns and aliasing issues, it's quite close.

Anyone with an NVIDIA card will want to stick with DLSS.  But there's now a larger question of FSR 2.1 vs XeSS on AMD hardware (including consoles), both in quality and performance.  DF did say XeSS will look at its best on ARC cards, as tested.

So were those rumors of Intel shutting down Arc true? Because the question becomes kind of relevant if these GPUs are on a clock. I feel like I've seen multiple claims that Intel is already shuttering it all after their C series or something.

4 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

So were those rumors of Intel shutting down Arc true? Because the question becomes kind of relevant if these GPUs are on a clock. I feel like I've seen multiple claims that Intel is already shuttering it all after their C series or something.

At least the current rumor seems to be originating from moore’s law is dead, and there is a known AMD bias and history of things not being true there so who knows.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2022 at 4:36 PM, Dre801 said:

A good first effort from Intel.   I genuinely don't want Intel to give up.  I'd like a third horse in the race for the long haul.

Same, I hear rumors of them abandoning this project already and I don’t get why? It seems like they are on the right track.