Hundreds of Swiss women took to the streets after a court reduced a convicted rapist's prison time because the assault lasted 11 minutes

Wait, the other reason for the lowered sentence is because she was making out with some other dude that was completely unrelated to the rape? What kind of fucked up sense is that? Even if she were to be kissing her would be rapist, it still wouldn't make sense, but she was kissing some other random guy.

9 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Wait, the other reason for the lowered sentence is because she was making out with some other dude that was completely unrelated to the rape? What kind of fucked up sense is that? Even if she were to be kissing her would be rapist, it still wouldn't make sense, but she was kissing some other random guy.

My wife pointed this out. As she put it: "So, if you and I kissed in public and then someone raped me, that kiss would be used to justify a lower sentence since it showed that I 'wanted' sexual contact?"

29 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

My wife pointed this out. As she put it: "So, if you and I kissed in public and then someone raped me, that kiss would be used to justify a lower sentence since it showed that I 'wanted' sexual contact?"

Exactly. A "short" rape isn't a thing. It's just rape. However, I completely fail to understand how kissing someone unrelated to the rape is "playing with fire". Women aren't allowed to kiss people in public now?

2 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

Exactly. A "short" rape isn't a thing. It's just rape. However, I completely fail to understand how kissing someone unrelated to the rape is "playing with fire". Women aren't allowed to kiss people in public now?

The judge should be removed, however you do that in Switzerland.