Rumor: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 could possibly get announced this year - in "final stages" of development but pushed back due to production issues

Brian

18 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

I was more disappointed in how much of a step down it was technically from X on Wii U.  That didn't make much sense at all to me.

I beat it too.  The later locations were definitely more attuned to the hardware.  It also gets more corridor heavy granted.

Im really sensitive to framerate dips, some people aren't, so maybe thats where we're diverging, but ive never heard anyone defend its framerate.

The first game was a masterpiece tho, I love it.

On 8/9/2021 at 6:01 PM, Bjomesphat said:

and the soundtrack is incredible. Better than anything in the past 10 years easily.

I struggle to think of any game in the past 10 years that has a soundtrack in the same galaxy as FFXIV.

As for the Xenosaga series, they were good games with interesting themes, but they did drag quite a bit. Definitely worth playing through, though.

2 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I struggle to think of any game in the past 10 years that has a soundtrack in the same galaxy as FFXIV.

As for the Xenosaga series, they were good games with interesting themes, but they did drag quite a bit. Definitely worth playing through, though.

Adding to the backlog due to the praise and KOS-MOS.

2 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

True, but there are some pretty good tracks in the Soulsborne games. FFXIV has a lot of original music that is good to listen to in and out of game and hardly any games have that.

I've played XBC, and XCX. XBC is only 2nd to Skies of Arcadia as my all-time GOAT, and I still want to play XC2 at some point. XCX deserves a Switch port, plus some UI, and minor gameplay tweaks.

I welcome another XC if that is what Monolith Soft have in fact been working on besides BOTW2 w/ Nintendo.

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

Im really sensitive to framerate dips, some people aren't, so maybe thats where we're diverging, but ive never heard anyone defend its framerate.

Not defending the dips, they’re there.  But I’ve always felt the sharpening filter and resolution drops were the bigger issue with this game’s performance.  IQ in XB2 kinda looks worse than the Wii game at times.  As in less legible.

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

And strangely, a technical marvel on the Nintendo Wii. One little fact I like pointing out is this was made using only 88MB of total system ram. Load times were incredibly short, streaming assets were fast, and the worlds were still incredibly massive for its time. Gaur Plains is a sight to behold, even on the New 3DS, which even a marvel on that I think.