Leader of Belarusian exile group found hanging in Kyiv park

767.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=85
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Police open murder investigation after activist discovered in park after failing to return from a run

The head of a Kyiv-based non-profit organisation that helps Belarusians fleeing persecution has been found dead in a park in the Ukrainian capital, police have said, raising suspicion that he may have been murdered.

Vitaly Shishov, the head of Belarusian House in Ukraine (BDU), was reported missing by his partner on Monday after he failed to return from a run and could not be reached on his mobile phone.

“Belarusian citizen Vitaly Shishov, who had gone missing in Kyiv yesterday, was today found hanged in one of the Kyiv parks, not far from where he lived,” police said in a statement, adding that they had opened a murder investigation and would pursue all leads, including a possible “murder disguised as a suicide”.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Leader of Belarusian exile group found hanging in Kyiv park

Good lord...

I'm all but certain that every eastern European nation is filled with agents from every other eastern European nation. So Belarusian security services going after him in Kyiv shouldn't be a surprise. But still, it's really brazen.

37 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Parks are dangerous places, best left to squirrels. 

GettyImages-175808985.jpg?w=1280
WWW.KGET.COM

After the plague was found in some chipmunks along Lake Tahoe’s bustling south shore, the U.S. Forest Service announced that at least two sites will be closed through Friday.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I would probably want to get farther away from Belarus than Poland in her position. 

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I will say that the Polish security services will have her under strict guard, probably even more so than Western European security services.

Also, I don't think an olympic sprinter poses the same political threat as an exiled activist.