DLSS 2.2 released!

Mr.Vic20

rss_dlss-740x416.jpg
WCCFTECH.COM

NVIDIA DLSS 2.2 was quietly introduced in Rainbow Six Siege and some users even managed to manually add it to other games for improvements.

Good to see that Nvidia continues to refine this tech to clean up the remaining visual artifacts that it produces. 

17 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

First I’ve heard of being able to mod in new versions.  That’s really interesting.  Now if more games could use DLSS in the first place.

On that note, most major engines being used by 3rd party developers are currently or already have integrated this feature. I know its not snap your fingers easy after that, but Nvidia is doing a decent job of lowering the hurdle and the rate of adoption is really climbing now!

I had to repair Cyberpunk and then add the file back in maybe because it also patched at the same time but it’s working now. Yeah, it works well! 

Ghosting and trails especially in movement is better now, and Ultra Performance looks even more clean now at 4k. I can still tell the difference and regular performance is of course sharper, but idk this seems like equivalent to 1800p or something still which is fine on a 65” tv.

And the difference in sharpness pails in comparison to the boost you get dropping from performance to ultra performance and then turning everything maxed including psycho RT. Shit looks crazy good now running that.

Edit: For those hoping, I didn’t directly compare anything but in general I don’t think performance is improved with this at all in Cyberpunk, it’s just cleaner, but since it makes Ultra Performance look cleaner, you can switch to that and get a huge boost and max the game now at locked 60 easy.

The best keeps getting better! I knock Nvidia for their corporate whore ways, but their engineers are second to none! Its a shame this technique is hardware dependent though as It would be great AMD truly had a direct equivalent to so that industry wide adoption would be inevitable. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...