I find it ironic that people who get labor day off generally don't perform labor

Fizzzzle

Yes, I'm aware today is memorial day, not labor day. I'm even wearing white.

But think of the people that actually get labor day off work. Chances are they work in an office or for the government. Service, retail, shipping, transit, emergency, most healthcare, even some construction depending on your contractor. Basically, most people who actually perform labor.

I think it would be a fun experiment to require all non emergency services and businesses to shut down on labor day. Like hospitals, grocery stores and gas stations can stay open, literally everything else has to close for the day. Celebrate the workers by bringing society to its knees for a day.

35 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

But think of the people that actually get labor day off work. Chances are they work in an office or for the government. Service, retail, shipping, transit, emergency, most healthcare, even some construction depending on your contractor. Basically, most people who actually perform labor.

I think it would be a fun experiment to require all non emergency services and businesses to shut down on labor day. Like hospitals, grocery stores and gas stations can stay open, literally everything else has to close for the day. Celebrate the workers by bringing society to its knees for a day.

today is memorial day not labor day

There are jobs beyond office work and government work that get the day off. Also I'm sure there are people beyond who you mentioned in the the category that you say don't get the day off that do. Some people like working on a holiday so they would gladly volunteer to work while someone else gets the holiday off.