The worst part about having 8 AM work calls...

Jason

23 minutes ago, Joe said:

What coffee you drinking these days, Jason?

I've been drinking this for a long time. Used to get it from Trader Joe's and then started ordering it direct when TJ's stopped carrying it. Also do some of their other flavors when I order, the pecan one in particular is pretty good. Decided to take a bit of a break though, right now just drinking a gingerbread coffee and TJ's house medium roast.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

I've been drinking this for a long time. Used to get it from Trader Joe's and then started ordering it direct when TJ's stopped carrying it. Also do some of their other flavors when I order. Decided to take a bit of a break though, right now just drinking a gingerbread coffee and TJ's house medium roast.

Nice, I always wanted to try that. TJ has really good single origin coffee at affordable prices, too.

11 minutes ago, Chris- said:

8 am? What the fuck? Scheduling calls before 9 is downright unprofessional. 

Yeah it's pretty whack but I get a lot of good work from him. He used to bike 15 miles each way to work most days (we have showers and lockers) and then first get on these 8 AM calls, he's one of those people.

A different time with different people I was the only west coast person on a call and they tried to schedule a meeting for 9 AM eastern. That one I had no problem with writing back that I wasn't going to be making that call at 6 AM Pacific (I do think it was a genuine oversight since I was the only west coast person, since they moved it once I pointed that out).

2 minutes ago, Joe said:

Nice, I always wanted to try that. TJ has really good single origin coffee at affordable prices, too.

Where did you see the New Mexico Pinon? I've never seen it in a store since TJ's stopped carrying it.

If you want to order I think it's $50 for free shipping, so ordering a variety of 12 oz bags is a good way to hit $50 and try a few different flavors.

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yeah it's pretty whack but I get a lot of good work from him. He used to bike 15 miles each way to work most days (we have showers and lockers) and then first get on these 8 AM calls, he's one of those people.

A different time with different people I was the only west coast person on a call and they tried to schedule a meeting for 9 AM eastern. That one I had no problem with writing back that I wasn't going to be making that call at 6 AM Pacific (I do think it was a genuine oversight since I was the only west coast person, since they moved it once I pointed that out).

Our work day technically starts at 8:30 but I always get grief if I schedule anything for 9:00. Motherfucker, you should have already been working for a half hour! And none of that grief ever comes from our Managing Director who’s on Central Time, it’s always the people in my timezone. Insane. 

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

Where did you see the New Mexico Pinon? I've never seen it in a store since TJ's stopped carrying it.

If you want to order I think it's $50 for free shipping, so ordering a variety of 12 oz bags is a good way to hit $50 and try a few different flavors.

Not sure to be honest. Maybe online?

Just now, Captain Pickle said:

We are share this terror.  I just had it an hour ago.  Dumb meeting didn’t want them knowing I’m making lunch!

Adding to my paranoia is that one time, pre-COVID, I actually did have a call automatically connect as video while I was still in my underwear. :s I'd been having a problem with the phone software and IT reset all the settings to default and I'd forgotten that the software defaults to video on until it happened.