Blood of Zeus Official Trailer Netflix

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I finally watched season one of this show late last year and I thought it was a lot of fun and pretty good overall. The Hermes flying scenes were particularly cool. No surprise this show comes from the writing duo who wrote the Henry Cavill film Immortals since this show's plot plays out exactly the same except since it's animated we get a lot more gods stuff, God of War-style. Just a reminder that season 2 is dropping tomorrow (May 10th)! I'll be watching. If someone could update the OP thread title to reflect season 2 dropping etc., that'd be helpful. Crazy it's been almost 4 years since the first season dropped and the writers have said they have a five season plan for the show.

@Spork3245

@NeoJoe

@Mercury33

@silentbob

• Like 1

I'm two episodes in to the 8-episode season and it's already getting very good. The animation has taken a step up, as have the production values all around. This is definitely a show worth watching. The focus on Hades in a different light than usual has been an intriguing part of the story right from the get go.

Finished binging this - this was really good, and a step up from season 1, which was a lot of fun but felt like the show testing the waters. Now, with better production values, the show seems to have found its groove, taking time to lay down the ground work for the rest of the show (the showrunners have said they have a five season plan overall). This is very much a set up season for that, but there's still plenty of great fights throughout. What I most appreciate about this show is how it feels very "Greek myths come to life", with stories having depth but staying true to the tragicomic themes inherent to the source material. I hope more people check this show out. Netflix says it's currently at #8 of the top 10, hope that's enough to get a third season renewal.