Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin (09 July 2021) - Information Thread

Pikachu

• Pikachu changed the title to Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin - Announcement Trailer
  • 5 months later...
  • Pikachu changed the title to Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin (09 July 2021) - Information Thread
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/11/2021 at 6:25 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

A lot of steam reviews saying this is better than Pokemon.

Also it has co-op which I did not know. 🤔

“Better than Pokémon.” Wow, that takes me back. Reminds me of all those “debates” back in the day between Pokémon, Digimon, Monster Rancher, Dragon Quest Monsters, etc. 

Anytime you wanna spark a conversation or argument revolving around any game where you capture/train monsters or creatures, you take a shot at Pikachu and his pals. Works every time.

Just like now! :p 

have put in about 10 hours or so. Not bad, though it definitely feels fairly repetitive. Go here kill monster, go there kill monster, along the way kill monsters. yes, I do realize that just based on the game's name that is what I could expect...not to mention that's what all the games in the series have been, but I was kind of hoping for more since it's more 'traditional' rug vs the standard games in the series. 

5 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

have put in about 10 hours or so. Not bad, though it definitely feels fairly repetitive. Go here kill monster, go there kill monster, along the way kill monsters. yes, I do realize that just based on the game's name that is what I could expect...not to mention that's what all the games in the series have been, but I was kind of hoping for more since it's more 'traditional' rug vs the standard games in the series. 

Yea that was what I got from the demo. I assume raising monsters would be the draw but I don’t care much for that mechanic 

3 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

I’ll (finally) fire this one up later today. Curious how this will be different from the first one.

Can't tell you. I know I played it, but it's been so long I don't remember it at all. Had intended to play around with it a bit before this one dropped, but while I could find the box for the game, it had was empty. Then I remembered I had put the game in the box for SMT  4 but couldn't find that box. :( I know it's around here somewhere. 

I will say moving around got much more enjoyable since getting a monster with the cloak ability 

15 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

Can't tell you. I know I played it, but it's been so long I don't remember it at all. Had intended to play around with it a bit before this one dropped, but while I could find the box for the game, it had was empty. Then I remembered I had put the game in the box for SMT  4 but couldn't find that box. :( I know it's around here somewhere. 

Hate when that happens. I blame my kids for games not being where they are supposed to be. My son still has Chibi-Robo: Park Patrol and NEW Super Mario Bros. somewhere in my house. 

Anyways, I had planned on getting some time in with Monster Hunter Stories 2, but somehow I got drunk instead. I blame the neighbors for dropping by with a bottle of vodka. I'll attempt to get this started today. Wish me luck! 

54 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

Anyways, I had planned on getting some time in with Monster Hunter Stories 2, but somehow I got drunk instead. I blame the neighbors for dropping by with a bottle of vodka. I'll attempt to get this started today. Wish me luck! 

Did they bring over some Popov?

• 2 years later...