What difficulty did you reach in Diablo 3?

Chris-

8 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I haven't played in a few years (switched to POE for when I get the craving), but I think around Torment V or VI.

My load out is sick; Heaven’s Fury drops three beams at 500% damage, and my Phalanx doubles the amount of avatars with a 60% damage boost. I also have the Corrupted Ashbringer. I fucking melt shit. 

2 minutes ago, Chris- said:

My load out is sick; Heaven’s Fury drops three beams at 500% damage, and my Phalanx doubles the amount of avatars with a 60% damage boost. I also have the Corrupted Ashbringer. I fucking melt shit. 

Exploding mobs is the best part of D3. Nothing better than killing 50 bad guys at once. And the Crusader is by far the most fun class to play. I just really hope that D4 leans more towards the economy and skill-tree of POE. D3 got good after the Loot 2.0 update, but it could still be improved.

Just now, CitizenVectron said:

Exploding mobs is the best part of D3. Nothing better than killing 50 bad guys at once. And the Crusader is by far the most fun class to play. I just really hope that D4 leans more towards the economy and skill-tree of POE. D3 got good after the Loot 2.0 update, but it could still be improved.

Yeah, we’ve plateaued a bit in terms of loot. We’re at the point where we have legendary/set items in every slot, and even most legendaries that drop aren’t as good as what we have. Still having a good time running bounties and rifts to get cube mats, but that is bound to get old soon given the low ROI. 

2 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Yeah, we’ve plateaued a bit in terms of loot. We’re at the point where we have legendary/set items in every slot, and even most legendaries that drop aren’t as good as what we have. Still having a good time running bounties and rifts to get cube mats, but that is bound to get old soon given the low ROI. 

I know most people enjoy grinding for mats and then crafting better gear, but personally I like games that force you to only use what you find. I usually play this way, only using dropped loot, as I don't find crafting fun at all (except GW2 when I was The Never Nudes guild chef, at launch).

The issue with only using dropped loot, of course, is that it takes way longer to find good gear. But I find it more fun. And there is nothing more fun that hearing the legendary sound in D3.

This current season I tried out a barbarian. I have adventure mode at Torment 13 and have passed a greater rift of 76, which is still in Torment 16 difficulty. I'm not super serious about it, but it's the only game that has ever kept me coming back for end game stuff. I mostly play solo on PS4.

• 5 weeks later...

We’ve since worked up to T7 and Level 35 rifts. Have gotten into the Challenge Rifts too, which are A LOT of fun (not sure if they are the same across all platform, but the Necromancer for the Switch version was great this week). 

Got up to T11 and level 45 rifts yesterday.

19 hours ago, Paperclyp said:

Is Path of Exile worth jumping into? 

Definitely. Better game than D3. Tip: pick a popular easy build online and follow it. POE requires more planning than D3 since you are locked into your skill tree choices. However, your actual spells aren't on the tree, they are determined by the gems you socket into your weapons.

• Thanks 1

I am able to clear rifts on T13 now...but I'm getting burnt out. I think my paragon level is something like 250 or 300. My issue is that my Crusader build is reliant on two sets, Endless Walk and Roland's Set. The former gives me boosted armour when moving and boosted damage when standing. The latter makes my sweep attack do 13,000% extra damage, and also boosts my attack speed 75% for each sweep, stacking 5 times. So after a few hits I am hitting ten times a second. My issue now is that I can't generate mana fast enough to keep up, and I can't really get any new gear since all I can do is replace my existing set pieces with slightly better versions of themselves, so there is no fun in all the legendaries that drop.

• 10 months later...

We’ve gotten up to GR72 on two sets of characters (Crusader and Barbarian for moi, Demon Hunter and Necromancer for mah lady). The grind to GR75 is no fucking joke. My Barb set up is sick though, Wastes set + Lamentation belt + Blade of the Tribes with Ambo’s Pride as a Cube power. I am a whirling dervish of death.