Any opinions on NFS: Heat?

maddux4163

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I like them too but they stopped being a requirement in later games though they were still there as an option.

Right. Hurts me 

I remember being proud of my Class A license. Opened up new tracks and races

Then the almighty International A...... 

Heck, I’d spend more time in license tests than playing the game. But it was fun for me 

24 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

The new games you don't even have to drive. You can just have an AI drive around and win you money. :p

That’s not fun. 

I remember buying a cheap Honda Prelude or Nissan Skyline. 

Spending hours upgrading my Class C license. 

Buying cars. Tuning them up. Endurance races. The works. 

7 hours ago, maddux4163 said:

Nice. I miss the old GT1-GT4 days. But this may suffice. Scratch the itch. I actually LOVE license tests, strange as that sounds 

I barely play racing games, so I have no idea what Keyser's talking about :p 

But I do post a lot of updates since it gets monthly updates, and I've heard nothing but fantastic things about the gameplay, support and game as a whole. 

57 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I barely play racing games, so I have no idea what Keyser's talking about :p 

But I do post a lot of updates since it gets monthly updates, and I've heard nothing but fantastic things about the gameplay, support and game as a whole. 

That's why I thought you liked it! :p

If you like the NFS style, then Heat is a pretty decent option.  I haven't played it in quite a while, but enjoyed the time I had with it.

It has a lot of boxes checked off.  Customization, cops, street racing at night, official racing during the day, looks good.

If you're a racing fan and it's cheap, I don't think you'd be disappointed.

I just got the new GRID on MS's racing sale a few days ago, and it's pretty solid. It's a great throwback to the Simcade days of the early 360/PS3 gen. 

It's pretty barebones though, which is unfortunate. I remember the original GRID had a story mode with cutscenes and if you rubbed/hit somebody enough on the track you'd get a post-race cutscene of the person confronting you and bitching you out. It was actually pretty great, I wish Forza Motorsport would actually go the story mode route.

One of the best things of the original GRID that I think (maybe) they brought back to the table was the fact that there was always a chance of an accident. I loved that there was always a possibility that the A.I. drivers would fuck up. I hate games where they race a perfect lap every damn time.