Alaska School Board Bans Books

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/education/2020/04/23/mat-su-school-board-pulls-five-books-from-english-courses-including-invisible-man-and-catch-22/

The books, considered literary classics, are: “Invisible Man” by Ralph Ellison; “Catch-22” by Joseph Heller; “The Things They Carried” by Tim O’Brien; “I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings” by Maya Angelou; and “The Great Gatsby” by F. Scott Fitzgerald.

"Hart, a federal employee, said he read a summarized version of the two books he hadn’t read before — “I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings” and “Invisible Man” — and said Angelou’s work contained a graphic description of molestation that he’d be admonished for if he read it to the board."

• Guillotine 1

14 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/education/2020/04/23/mat-su-school-board-pulls-five-books-from-english-courses-including-invisible-man-and-catch-22/

The books, considered literary classics, are: “Invisible Man” by Ralph Ellison; “Catch-22” by Joseph Heller; “The Things They Carried” by Tim O’Brien; “I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings” by Maya Angelou; and “The Great Gatsby” by F. Scott Fitzgerald.

"Hart, a federal employee, said he read a summarized version of the two books he hadn’t read before — “I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings” and “Invisible Man” — and said Angelou’s work contained a graphic description of molestation that he’d be admonished for if he read it to the board."

Our delicate flowers must be sheltered from the awful truth-bombs of literary classics!  They must grow-up in a sterile world brushed clean of any complexities and controversies!

How much ya wanna bet the people who voted in favor of the ban are also anti-PC warriors?

10 hours ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

Our delicate flowers must be sheltered from the awful truth-bombs of literary classics!  They must grow-up in a sterile world brushed clean of any complexities and controversies!

How much ya wanna bet the people who voted in favor of the ban are also anti-PC warriors?

Same kind of people: