Blair Witch - Gamescom demo videos (30 August 2019 release)

Blair Witch is a first-person, story-driven psychological horror game based on the cinematic lore of Blair Witch. It’s 1996.

A young boy disappears in the Black Hills Forest near Burkittsville, Maryland. As Ellis, a former police officer with a troubled past, you join the search. What starts as an ordinary investigation soon turns into an endless nightmare as you confront your fears and the Blair Witch, a mysterious force that haunts the woods…

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Unlike The Movie, The Blair Witch Game Doesn't Seem So Scary (Kotaku)

Aesthetically, the game nails the movie’s feel. The dense, plain-looking forests felt sinister, and the crude wooden symbols from the movie were strewn around as creepy collectibles. I just can’t be sure if it’s to an effective end, since I was unable to linger in any moment of this game for too long.

• 2 weeks later...

Played a couple of hours of this tonight.  It's enjoyable and has some really interesting things going on, but it's a bit janky and undercooked in some ways.  It feels like a perfect Game Pass game, and it reminds of the AA games of yesteryear - ambitious but flawed, and destined to be a small cult favorite at some point in the future.  It's definitely worth playing if you enjoy horror games or are a fan of the original film.

Just finished. I got the "bad" ending, but I actually think it's the best ending, and the most fitting for the main character.

I really enjoyed the game, wish the house segment was a bit longer, and my only complaint was the aimless wandering--a compass or some other way of navigating through the forest would have been nice. 

Jank is kinda Bloober Team's forte. I liked Layers of Fear and i'm enjoying this one so far (i did get stuck on tree limbs though). But i do hope for their next game they try something a little different. Because all of their games are in the psychological horror genre, they all lack a certain cohesiveness. I always feel like i'm just walking around in circles.

1 hour ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Jank is kinda Bloober Team's forte. I liked Layers of Fear and i'm enjoying this one so far (i did get stuck on tree limbs though). But i do hope for their next game they try something a little different. Because all of their games are in the psychological horror genre, they all lack a certain cohesiveness. I always feel like i'm just walking around in circles.

To be fair, that is one of the overarching themes of Blair Witch.