Baldur's Gate III - Information Thread, update: Larian doesn't plan to release DLC/expansions for BGIII nor develop BGIV

Just now, Spork3245 said:

It’s an option immediately after the tutorial. She’s in:

Reveal hidden contents

Party limit is 4 characters with you at a time (including your character), the rest wait for you in camp.

Nice. I never met Karlach. Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Wait, sorry, might be:

Hide contents

North west of the grove:

WWW.GAMESRADAR.COM

How to find Karlach Demonsbane in BG3 and get her as a companion

Perfect. The link shows where she is on the map. She is apparently a great companion so this will help me. Did you beat this?

15 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'm going to get her next. Is Gale as worthless as I'm seeing from him early on?

Put some light armor on him, not robes. Gale is great, but wizards tend to get better at higher levels and die very easy at low levels. Make sure you're at a minimum attacking with a cantrip and not physically.

3 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Where do I find the quest where I can 

Reveal hidden contents

You need to get Halsin, who is part of the main quest, assuming you don't kill him or fight for the bad guys :p 

21 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

He just needs to level up and get more spells. Wizards are best kept in the back launching spells and what not. 

Yea, I have Gale hiding back shooting lighting bolts at the enemies like a coward. 

7 minutes ago, legend said:

Put some light armor on him, not robes. Gale is great, but wizards tend to get better at higher levels and die very easy at low levels. Make sure you're at a minimum attacking with a cantrip and not physically.

I did put better armor on him but then that prevented him from spell casting. I guess I need "light armor" not what I was putting on him. 

5 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@Biggie How far are you? You enjoying it? You have to keep at it before it really gets good. Unless you just don't have the patience which is understandable. 

I’m playing now but goddamn it’s confusing. I’m trying to locate the goblin camp. It shows 4 people in my party but 2 of them are standing way off by themselves. Why aren’t they following me and Wyll?

5 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I’m playing now but goddamn it’s confusing. I’m trying to locate the goblin camp. It shows 4 people in my party but 2 of them are standing way off by themselves. Why aren’t they following me and Wyll?

fast travel

if that doesn't work

press L2 and then Square then fast travel

there are pathing problems when jumping or changing elevations and for some reason, once you get too far, or for some reason the jump is impossible, the AI just gives up instead of teleporting them to your location

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Biggie said:

That happened to me today. Get close to them and hit "X" and it will say something like party. Then they will follow you. 

9 minutes ago, Biggie said:

They noticed the sexual tension and backed the fuck up

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

fast travel

if that doesn't work

press L2 and then Square then fast travel

there are pathing problems when jumping or changing elevations and for some reason, once you get too far, or for some reason the jump is impossible, the AI just gives up instead of teleporting them to your location

I returned to camp. Removed everyone and then asked them to rejoin me. That fixed it. But thanks. 

Game sucks confirmed.

4 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Also should I be looting and picking up everything? Or pick and choose? 

Fuck how do y’all nerds understand all this shit. 

I loot gold, potions, food, spells, tools,  and that’s it. I was looting everything in my first playthrough and had a encumbrance issue 

Food is key because it's used to heal at camp. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

Also should I be looting and picking up everything? Or pick and choose? 

Anything worth more than 10 gold is prolly worth picking up to sell.

You can make bank by looting every basic bitch weapon and selling them to merchants.

5 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Fuck how do y’all nerds understand all this shit. 

It's basic RPG stuff. Didn't you play Skyrim or Fallout? The combat and presentation are different, but you can carry over many things you have learned from those games and apply them to this game when it comes to exploration and looting.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Bacon said:

You can send items back to camp at any time

22 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Thank you for the tip! See, I knew you would still help me! 

22 minutes ago, Bacon said:

That was for Biggie, not for you, thief

20 minutes ago, best3444 said:

It was for me and you know it. I really appreciate it. 

I’ve played Oblivion, ESO, and Skyrim but none of the FallOut games. But none of them were as deep as Ball Sack. I just killed a

Spoiler

Owl Bear in a cave 

Everyone died except me but I gottem. Coming upon this Goblin camp. Am I about to get rekt?

• Hype 1

7 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I’ve played Oblivion, ESO, and Skyrim but none of the FallOut games. But none of them were as deep as Ball Sack. I just killed a

Reveal hidden contents

Everyone died except me but I gottem. Coming upon this Goblin camp. Am I about to get rekt?

You can let the cubs eat the mother. That's an easy fight. The goblins can be trouble so I always talk my way out of fighting them. 

Just now, Biggie said:

I had to take a break. This shit is hurting my brain. I’m not built for this. I’m a mindless shooter gamer. 

I fucked up thinking you would like this. Mainly because you play other turned based RPGS. It's a difficult game but not THAT hard.