Baldur's Gate III - Information Thread, update: Larian doesn't plan to release DLC/expansions for BGIII nor develop BGIV

5 minutes ago, Bacon said:

849587b93e08f57cb18368579def00cb.png

Fuckin' how? Is this some troll where you actually haven't bought the game?

Haha. I killed Kahga and then traveled down to the beach where the boy was seduced by music. I helped him out and then bam, grove was sealed off. I managed to sneak 8n to loot but after that, I'm moving on.

One thing that is happening right now is my party isn't following me so I'm not sure if it's a glitch or not. 

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Haha. I killed Kahga and then traveled down to the beach where the boy was seduced by music. I helped him out and then bam, grove was sealed off. I managed to sneak 8n to loot but after that, I'm moving on.

Bro, I'm am out here literally tellin' you how not to fuck it up and you go and do exactly the thing I said not to do.

19 hours ago, best3444 said:

@Bacon If I kill Kagha will that shut down the grove?

19 hours ago, Bacon said:

No, as long as you kill all the Druids and Ensure the Tieflings live.

I’m just playing @best3444  I don’t know what the fuck I’m doing so I don’t care if I happen to miss something. Other than confusion the game is a good time. I see why it won GotY. It’s deep. Real deep. The story is interesting to. Going Christmas shopping and lunch but I’ll be on later. We can both be lost lol. 

11 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I understand you gave me advice. I just didn't really grasp it. I had to "regroup" with my companions so now they are following me.

I will just play his I see fit from here. I appreciate your help but I'm not reloading anymore. 

Curb Your Enthusiasm Ok GIF

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

I’m just playing @best3444  I don’t know what the fuck I’m doing so I don’t care if I happen to miss something. Other than confusion the game is a good time. I see why it won GotY. It’s deep. Real deep. The story is interesting to. Going Christmas shopping and lunch but I’ll be on later. We can both be lost lol. 

Nice. Glad you're enjoying it. Yea, all of this is so new to me I'm just trying me best. Bacon can yell at me all he wants. I'm having fun. 

Just now, best3444 said:

Bacon can yell at me all he wants. I'm having fun. 

I'm only "yelling" cuz you didn't follow my directions that you asked for. :p

I am 100% a salty boy when it comes to people asking for my input and then fuckin' it up lol.

I was just tryin' to help you get the most fun, but if yer still having fun despite things going south then that is great.

BUT

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'll ask for more help so be prepared to be disappointed again and again. 

You ain't gettin' no more help from me, oh boy buddy. Well, unless it is something like specific gameplay mechanics. But I ain't being a guide no more.

No Way Mac GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I'm only "yelling" cuz you didn't follow my directions that you asked for. :p

I am 100% a salty boy when it comes to people asking for my input and then fuckin' it up lol.

I was just tryin' to help you get the most fun, but if yer still having fun despite things going south then that is great.

BUT

You ain't gettin' no more help from me, oh boy buddy. Well, unless it is something like specific gameplay mechanics. But I ain't being a guide no more.

No Way Mac GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Yes you will. You're too nice of a guy. <3

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

I understand you gave me advice. I just didn't really grasp it. I had to "regroup" with my companions so now they are following me.

I will just play his I see fit from here. I appreciate your help but I'm not reloading anymore. 

Don’t do it bacons way. He has a very specific hatred for Druids and worked hard to find a way to kill them all without other side effects. Just don’t kill Kagha. 

If you are just going to repeat the same decisions you made before I don’t know why you restarted. You’re going to be back in the same situation. 

• Sad 1
  • True 1

7 minutes ago, legend said:

Don’t do it bacons way. He has a very specific hatred for Druids and worked hard to find a way to kill them all without other side effects. Just don’t kill Kagha. 

If you are just going to repeat the same decisions you made before I don’t know why you restarted. You’re going to be back in the same situation. 

I tried to not kill Kagha but Bacon told me too.... So yea, I'm kinda in the same situation I was in before but now I have a bigger party. That has to help, correct? 

I'm trying to get Astarion in my party but he insists he likes smaller groups. Gale is weak af. 

• Wrong 1

5 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I tried to not kill Kagha but Bacon told me too

WRONG. Read again!

20 hours ago, best3444 said:

@Bacon If I kill Kagha will that shut down the grove?

20 hours ago, Bacon said:

No, as long as you kill all the Druids and Ensure the Tieflings live.

There are a few things that cause the shutdown, a major one is simply time. If you Long rest too many times(more than 10 I don't know the full number) after encountering the grove, the Druids will complete their ritual and shut down the grove. You also don't have to kill Kagha, I but did because I wanted to. There are a few different ways to prevent the lock down including freeing Halsin and Killing the Goblin Camp leaders before the grove shuts down, but the grove will never shut down for sure if you kill all the druids lol.

Edit: The Tieflings are important and should be saved but killing all the druids changes nothing major. Halsin won't even be upset unless you say you killed them for fun.

:shameonyou:

Just now, Spork3245 said:

No, because you let one live. Now she'll teach others and regrow the druid populace.

No, she is old and will die before she teaches anyone. And Druids from out of state repopulate the grove no matter what so /shrug

And I class changed her to a fighter so in my game she wasn't a druid lol

I'm playing much better than in my first playthrough. I'm satisfied with what's going on. Do I wish I didn't shut the grove down? Sure, but this game is about choices and I will live with it. I am not experienced in this genre at all so things that you guys think is simple is difficult for me. I still don't know the races and classes like bacon is describing. This shit is nerd city and I have no idea what's going on. 

If I run into another brick road with my decision making then that's poor game design. I should be able to beat this game with my specific choices. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, best3444 said:

I tried to not kill Kagha but Bacon told me too.... So yea, I'm kinda in the same situation I was in before but now I have a bigger party. That has to help, correct? 

I'm trying to get Astarion in my party but he insists he likes smaller groups. Gale is weak af. 

Having a bigger party will help for sure. Remember that you can aways travel back to camp and swap out who's playing with you.

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

What's the point in having Astarion in your group if he doesn't want to join the party? 

The mother fucker tried to bite me in the middle of the night so I might just get rid of him. 

Astarion will join you, but I'm guessing your party is already full (4 people at a time). Tell someone else in the group to wait at camp (ignore their moaning) and then ask Astarion to join.

Do *not* get rid of Astarion. Unless you're heavily leaning into a very specific the RP, I would advise against getting rid of anyone. They all have complex and interesting stories you'll miss and evolve a lot as characters.

• Thanks 1

Just now, legend said:

Having a bigger party will help for sure. Remember that you can aways travel back to camp and swap out who's playing with you.

Astarion will join you, but I'm guessing your party is already full (4 people at a time). Tell someone else in the group to wait at camp (ignore their moaning) and then ask Astarion to join.

Do *not* get rid of Astarion. Unless you're heavily leaning into a very specific the RP, I would advise against getting rid of anyone. They all have complex and interesting stories you'll miss and evolve a lot as characters.

Yes, my party is full. Ok, I'll tell Gale to wait at camp and get Astarion. I will not get rid of any character. Thank you for the help. Bacon is finished with me lol. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, best3444 said:

When is that an option? What's the limit to a party?

It’s an option immediately after the tutorial. She’s in:

Spoiler

An area north east of the grove

Party limit is 4 characters with you at a time (including your character), the rest wait for you in camp.