Whistleblower tells Congress at least 25 people got security clearances from Donald J. Trump officials after being denied by civil servants

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/01/us/politics/trump-security-clearances.html

A whistle-blower working inside the White House has told a House committee that senior Trump administration officials granted security clearances to at least 25 individuals whose applications had been denied by career employees, the committee’s Democratic staff said Monday.

The whistle-blower, Tricia Newbold, a manager in the White House’s Personnel Security Office, told the House Oversight and Reform Committee in a private interview last month that the 25 individuals included two current senior White House officials, in additional to contractors and other employees working for the office of the president, the staff said in a memo it released publicly.

Ms. Newbold told the committee’s staff members that the clearance applications had been denied for a variety of reasons, including “foreign influence, conflicts of interest, concerning personal conduct, financial problems, drug use, and criminal conduct,” the memo said. The denials by the career employees were overturned, she said, by more-senior officials who did not follow the procedures designed to mitigate security risks.

The question that never gets answered in these things are were they denied at the initial screening or at the rebuttal stage? I had my security clearance denied once at the screening level because my grandfather was a spy for england. After rebutting that he now had Alzheimers it was granted. 

3 hours ago, Snaynay1 said:

The question that never gets answered in these things are were they denied at the initial screening or at the rebuttal stage? 

Well, we know it was at the 19th rebuttal stage for Jared Kushner so I'm thinking we can assume most of them are probably pieces of shit who don't deserve the clearance which is why they went around the civil servants in the first place. Let's not be naive.

3 hours ago, Snaynay1 said:

The question that never gets answered in these things are were they denied at the initial screening or at the rebuttal stage? I had my security clearance denied once at the screening level because my grandfather was a spy for england. After rebutting that he now had Alzheimers it was granted. 

Once we adjudicate it, the president absolutely has the right to override and still grant the clearance, but we owe it to the president and the American people to do what is expected of us, and our job is to adjudicate national security adjudications regardless of influence,” she told the committee, according to the Democratic staff’s memo.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

That has nothing to do with appealing it. Adjudication comes before you appeal it. Did all these people appeal the decision? People appeal and get clearances all the time, were these people let off of the appeal process? Or are these denials after adjudication, repeal, and re-investigation? who the fuck knows 

11 hours ago, Snaynay1 said:

That has nothing to do with appealing it. Adjudication comes before you appeal it. Did all these people appeal the decision? People appeal and get clearances all the time, were these people let off of the appeal process? Or are these denials after adjudication, repeal, and re-investigation? who the fuck knows 

But it is clearly:

4 hours ago, Anathema- said:

I think it's safe to assume that they either got through all stages of the process and were finally and fully denied or the WH short-circuited the process and didn't let any potential appeal play out. How could it be anything else?

This. Administratively, that's the only ways this could have gone down. Again, let's not be naive, this is a corrupt administration, so presume corruption at this point.