Japan sends the leader and several members of the Aum Shinri Kyo "doomsday cult" responsible for 1995 sarin gas attack to the gallows

I guess when a person is sentenced to death in Japan, they are not told when they will be hanged - it could be tomorrow, a month from now, or whenever.  So everyday you go to sleep in your cell thinking to yourself, "is this my last night on Earth?".  That's fucking metal. 

3 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I guess when a person is sentenced to death in Japan, they are not told when they will be hanged - it could be tomorrow, a month from now, or whenever.  So everyday you go to sleep in your cell thinking to yourself, "is this my last night on Earth?".  That's fucking metal. 

I guess you just live your day like it's your last. I think it's worse when you know. You are just counting the days until the day you are no more. The anxiety of anticipating your final day.

2 minutes ago, The def star said:

I guess you just live your day like it's your last. I think it's worse when you know. You are just counting the days until the day you are no more. The anxiety of anticipating your final day.

I'd think that having a definite day of your death has anxiety than dying whenever the government tells you to. It's like a surprise, but suddenly you're hanging out... dead.