Plot Details Leak About Christopher Nolan's Next Film

On 3/8/2019 at 3:03 PM, johnny said:

Maybe but it’s a “have to see in theatre” movie. If you never saw it in the theatre, it’s not the same. You can watch it at home if you’ve seen it previously in a theatre and not lose much, but if you didn’t watch it when it was playing it’s definitely not as good. In my opinion a movie like that loses points. Watching it on a 32” screen is a waste of time. 

Edit- should probably clarify that every movie is better in theatre, but some lose a LOT less than others when you watch it at home. You lose a lot with Dunkirk. 

I re-watched it this weekend while the wife was out, so I turned the sound up to 11 and found it's still pretty effective at home. Yes, it's better in IMAX or 70MM, but if you can avoid distractions and have a reasonable sound system, I think the home experience remains worthwhile.

2 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

I re-watched it this weekend while the wife was out, so I turned the sound up to 11 and found it's still pretty effective at home. Yes, it's better in IMAX or 70MM, but if you can avoid distractions and have a reasonable sound system, I think the home experience remains worthwhile.

Of course it does, but Nolan made that film for the big screen. It was intended to be seen in the cinema and you ARE losing some of the experience as @johnny said if you are only seeing on a home setup unless you have a home theater or something. It's still worth watching at home but probably less impactful if you are seeing it at home for the first time.