Breaking Bad movie

Just now, elbobo said:

Breaking Bad is the best show ever made but it also completed its story 

I understand the people who wanted more of a conclusion to Jesse's story, but the entire point of simply seeing Jesse driving off after Walt frees him from the neo-Nazis was that it was Walt's story--Jesse just happened to have a very large part in that story.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I understand the people who wanted more of a conclusion to Jesse's story, but the entire point of simply seeing Jesse driving off after Walt frees him from the neo-Nazis was that it was Walt's story--Jesse just happened to have a very large part in that story.

True and that chapter is done. Think of the movie as a "Better Call Saul"  style spinoff that focuses on Jesse... my question is can they achieve the same level of storytelling in a two hour format that they did in a whole season of a show. The shows are very deliberately paced and nuanced and I would hate to see them tarnish that Universe for a cash grab. AMC clearly doesn't give a FUCK about quality and is more than willing to milk its popular shows.

8 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

True and that chapter is done. Think of the movie as a "Better Call Saul"  style spinoff that focuses on Jesse... my question is can they achieve the same level of storytelling in a two hour format that they did in a whole season of a show. The shows are very deliberately paced and nuanced and I would hate to see them tarnish that Universe for a cash grab. AMC clearly doesn't give a FUCK about quality and is more than willing to milk its popular shows.

AMC doesn’t care, but I think Vince does. I was very opposed to the idea of BCS, and it may be my all time favorite show. I’ll trust Vince’s creative vision and skill this time.

23 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

But if this is done for the money then why not make it a full series? It being a movie makes me more excited because it signals that Vince knows exactly how much story he has and how he wants to tell it. He could easily make this a sequel series and it would still get tons of viewers.

30 minutes ago, sexy_shapiro said:

But if this is done for the money then why not make it a full series? It being a movie makes me more excited because it signals that Vince knows exactly how much story he has and how he wants to tell it. He could easily make this a sequel series and it would still get tons of viewers.

I don't know how easy  it would be... There's a HUGE difference between 10 to 13 forty-five minute to an hour long scripts and one two hour one. Vince could get close to the same amount of money for doing a movie than he would for a television show, depending on his deal, for less work. I'm not saying that HE'S doing it for money or as a cash grab (He sure isn't doing it for free) I'm saying AMC is. Whether or not Vince can do something on the big screen with the same level of quality from the show remains to be seen. Either way I'll be there opening night.

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I don't know how easy  it would be... There's a HUGE difference between 10 to 13 forty-five minute to an hour long scripts and one two hour one. Vince could get close to the same amount of money for doing a movie than he would for a television show, depending on his deal, for less work. I'm not saying that HE'S doing it for money or as a cash grab (He sure isn't doing it for free) I'm saying AMC is. Whether or not Vince can do something on the big screen with the same level of quality from the show remains to be seen. Either way I'll be there opening night.

I don’t think this is intended to be a theatrical release, though you L.A. guys will probably get at least a few screenings anyways.