I finished Nier Automata last night; I recommend it

Massdriver

I just wanted to recommend this game. It's almost like an action JRPG smashed together with Blade Runner. There's tons of philosophy, some decent writing, and the story takes a lot of twists and turns. I think it's pretty damn innovative. My biggest criticism is probably the mini map (it isn't always clear where you need to go at times) and on PC you had to download the FAR mod for 2560x1440 144hz. The music was 10/10, and my overall subjective experience with the game is probably a 9/10

28 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

How long is it?

I spent around 55 hours to beat it (10 hours were offline mode on Steam which is why it only shows 46 in my profile). 

11 minutes ago, eggydoo said:

does PC also have a trophy for trying to look up her skirt?

Not that I'm aware of, but I think there are a couple of unique trophies that I didn't get.

The skirt achievement is also on steam, had to dig through a list to find it.

Couple of things, I'm fairly confident Nier hasn't been patched on steam since release. I personally only had the game crash once and experienced no other issues, but your mileage may vary.

The multiple playthroughs cover different parts of the story, you aren't really retreading over the same ground that much. You do tread a little bit over similar parts, but they are pretty different and like @Massdriver said, they get shorter as well.

Lastly, after the third or fourth playthrough it will ask if you want to give up your save, you will lose it permanently. However I think its an achievement, if thats your thing.

I also highly recommend this game

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Nokt said:

The skirt achievement is also on steam, had to dig through a list to find it.

Couple of things, I'm fairly confident Nier hasn't been patched on steam since release. I personally only had the game crash once and experienced no other issues, but your mileage may vary.

The multiple playthroughs cover different parts of the story, you aren't really retreading over the same ground that much. You do tread a little bit over similar parts, but they are pretty different and like @Massdriver said, they get shorter as well.

Lastly, after the third or fourth playthrough it will ask if you want to give up your save, you will lose it permanently. However I think its an achievement, if thats your thing.

I also highly recommend this game

The developer not patching the game for PC is one of my other complaints. Without the mod, I would have had a different opinion. The developer needs to support its title. It sold several hundred thousand copies on Steam, so I feel it is justified that they patch it. I only had one issue in my second play through where I had to disable the mod to get through a cut scene. Other than that, it was nearly flawless. However, the developer needs to support higher resolutions and higher refresh rates built in and they need to patch out all the bugs.

I think for an action JRPG, the story and writing is way better than it has any right to be. I was caught off guard on more than one occasion.