Netflix original Triple Frontier official trailer

Man that is a stacked lineup.

I liked J.C. Chandor's last film, A Most Violent Year. Co-writer Mark Boal wrote The Hurt Locker, Zero Dark Thirty, and Detroit. The cast speaks for itself.

Apparently this movie has had quite a difficult production. Tom Hardy, Channing Tatum, Johnny Depp, Casey Affleck, and Mark Wahlberg were all attached or rumored at some point. Kathryn Bigelow was the original director. It was a Paramount movie before the budget grew and Netflix picked it up. It's the kind of trouble that doesn't really indicate any issue with the film, just a lot of money and scheduling difficulties. I'm excited.

J.C. Chandor is a killer director, and that co-writer and that cast! I'm all in.

Netlfix movies so far have mostly disappointed me though, despite some having quite a good pedigree. Hold the Dark, Apostle, and The Night Comes For Us were all solid but should have all been better.

But I'm looking forward to this nonetheless.

7 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Netlfix movies so far have mostly disappointed me though, despite some having quite a good pedigree. Hold the Dark, Apostle, and The Night Comes For Us were all solid but should have all been better.

That's true, but I think we're starting to see some better results from them lately.

Okja, The Meyerowitz Stories, Mudbound, The Ballad of Buster Scruggs, Private Life, and (while not recent) Beasts of No Nation, have ranged from good to great. For a while I thought of the 
"Netflix Original" branding as a black mark on films, but that's changing. Based on buzz I assume Roma will make that list as well.

2 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

That's true, but I think we're starting to see some better results from them lately.

Okja, The Meyerowitz Stories, Mudbound, The Ballad of Buster Scruggs, Private Life, and (while not recent) Beasts of No Nation, have ranged from good to great. For a while I thought of the  "Netflix Original" branding as a black mark on films, but that's changing. Based on buzz I assume Roma will make that list as well.

Okja, The Meyerwitz Stories, and Beasts of No Nation are indeed good to great movies and are the exception, but it does happen for sure (I have not seen The Ballad of Buster Scruggs or Private Life yet). Hopefully better results continue . . . 

Roma will definitely also make the list, I assume. :p