Wait, They're Marketing Cereal for Dinner Now?

skillzdadirecta

35 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I've eaten cereal for dinner for years with no issues. With kids, I have no idea how that would effect them before bed. 

You don't need to be a doctor to know that loading up on that much sugar before bed is not good for you. Can lead to Obesity amongst a whole other host of health issues. For small kids? Imagine giving someone a couple of lines of cocaine and then telling them it's time to sleep. I've had cereal myself at night, Frosted Flakes tastes best at night to me, but I have it as a snack, Not as a full blown meal.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Imagine giving someone a couple of lines of cocaine and then telling them it's time to sleep. 

My dad drinks coffee before he goes to bed and sleeps like a baby. Cocaine, lol yea that's a bit different than sugar in cereal. 

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

Cocaine, lol yea that's a bit different than sugar in cereal. 

Sugar for little kids is like Cocaine. Try hanging around a bunch of five year olds on sugar high and get back to me. My brother when he was little used to literally bounce off the walls. Don't know about your Dad's coffee, but I doubt he's putting as much sugar in it that's in a bowl of Frosted flakes.

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

Sugar for little kids is like Cocaine. Try hanging around a bunch of five year olds on sugar high and get back to me. My brother when he was little used to literally bounce off the walls. Don't know about your Dad's coffee, but I doubt he's putting as much sugar in it that's in a bowl of Frosted flakes.

Caffeine in coffee is more potent than sugar. Also, I grew up around many kids on sugar highs and understand it's effects. I guess we can end this on the fact that it's stupid to advertise cereal for dinner when it comes to children. So I agree with you. Now I want frosted flakes. 

4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Caffeine in coffee is more potent than sugar

Caffeine effects the body entirely differently than sugar which what I'm talking about. Glad we agree that marketing sugary cereal for dinner, especially for little kids, is not a good idea in a country facing an epidemic of obesity, diabetes and heart disease :peace:

• Halal 1

6 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Caffeine effects the body entirely differently than sugar which what I'm talking about. Glad we agree that marketing sugary cereal for dinner, especially for little kids, is not a good idea in a country facing an epidemic of obesity, diabetes and heart disease :peace:

Caffeine fucks me up. If I drink any caffeine after noon I cannot sleep that night. But yea, sugar is much different than caffeine. 

8 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

You don't need to be a doctor to know that loading up on that much sugar before bed is not good for you. Can lead to Obesity amongst a whole other host of health issues. For small kids? Imagine giving someone a couple of lines of cocaine and then telling them it's time to sleep. I've had cereal myself at night, Frosted Flakes tastes best at night to me, but I have it as a snack, Not as a full blown meal.

Actually, that’s an old myth. 

Recommendation sugar intake for kids is 25 grams or less per day. A bowl of Frosted Flakes, for instance, with skim milk is 22 grams of sugar. 

With two kids of my own, I find it a nightmare attempting to keep their sugar intake that low, and we are pretty responsible / cognizant of it. Cereal as a meal is a nightmare idea if it's done with any sort of consistency - that is if we're talking these sugary cereals. Now, bowl of cheerios or something like that, assuming you are getting appropriate protein intake the rest of the day, could be fine once in a while. 

We treat cereal in our house as a candy or a treat, a reward to be had once in a while. I think that should be the case whether or not you are a child. 

• Halal 1

11 hours ago, TUFKAK said:

Don’t have kids and this won’t be an issue.

So true. Kids are a nightmare. I'm an uncle to 12 nephew's and nieces and the amount of work, money, and patience to raise children doesn't make sense to me. Why?