What should I do about this Walmart pickup order error

Remarkableriots

So last week I put in for a grocery pickup order for Thursday. I had two different orders because two items couldn't be added to the groceries. So it was crazy busy, and we had to wait a long time. Eventually, we got the first order and told her we had a second, which she found and brought out. The issue is that it still showed the groceries as ready for pickup a couple days later. I called customer service Saturday and told them we had picked it up already. Now the order today shows it was cancelled because we didn't pick it up, and we never got charged for it. 

6 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

So last week I put in for a grocery pickup order for Thursday. I had two different orders because two items couldn't be added to the groceries. So it was crazy busy, and we had to wait a long time. Eventually, we got the first order and told her we had a second, which she found and brought out. The issue is that it still showed the groceries as ready for pickup a couple days later. I called customer service Saturday and told them we had picked it up already. Now the order today shows it was cancelled because we didn't pick it up, and we never got charged for it. 

So let me get this straight. You picked up a grocery order but never got charged for it?

I think if you told them of their mistake and they made another, it would severely impact my willingness to believe they'd handle fixing it correctly. 

There also may be a bug or delay in the system that causes it to refund automatically right away but charge again later. As long as it's not a huge cost, I'd probably just leave it, I think. If it was a small mom and pop shop I'd definitely go back and talk to someone to try and figure it all out, but with such a huge company I'm not sure it's really worth anybody's time to worry about it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nokra said:

I think if you told them of their mistake and they made another, it would severely impact my willingness to believe they'd handle fixing it correctly. 

There also may be a bug or delay in the system that causes it to refund automatically right away but charge again later. As long as it's not a huge cost, I'd probably just leave it, I think. If it was a small mom and pop shop I'd definitely go back and talk to someone to try and figure it all out, but with such a huge company I'm not sure it's really worth anybody's time to worry about it. 

I mean they bought the Denver Broncos. Idiots