Reoccurring dream about eating pieces of a pumpkin with a dead crow inside.

Derek

Three times this week! I very rarely dream anymore, so this was a strange deal.

The pumpkin is in some sort of paper bag. I take it out, slice a bit off of it (like cutting slices off an apple) then I eat it. The pumpkin is already hollowed out, but nothing carved on it. I lift the top and see the bottom of a crow (or some sort of medium-sized black bird) that was stuck inside. Then I gag, throw up and then wake up. This morning was kind of a sequel. I did the same thing, but remember telling someone 'oh, God. I did it again' before retching and waking up. 

The last reoccurring dream I remember, was probably 30+ years ago. Running down a hallway, which somehow lead to the top of a building. I'd jump off, hurt my legs and then do it again. The hallway reminded me of the one from The Shining, so maybe that was a factor. 

Maybe I'm just going insane?

You folks have any reoccurring or F'd up dreams? 

I have a recurring theme of being in a washroom, public or private, and having some sort of issue (can't find a clean stall, the toilets are overflowing, people are watching me, I can't stop pooping/wiping, etc.). Sometimes I wake up and I actually have to go to the washroom, so I think maybe that's why I was dreaming of having to go, but other times I don't have to go so I don't know what the cause is. 

It's important to keep in mind that this bird is black, and medium sized. As you are unsure it is a crow it could be a type of fowl. Strange that you only consider it medium sized but had this black fowl been any bigger the situation could have been worse as you tried stuff it in your mouth, or are you only putting the pumpkin in your mouth? Pumpkins symbolize prosperity and growth so this medium sized black bird of some type could actually get bigger. I think it's a sign that you should prepare to handle bigger black things heading your way, they might just sneak up on you by surprise.

Idk if Covid nightmares are a real thing or not (trying to google a consensus sounds like it’s own nightmare) but damn I hadn’t had any nightmares like last night in so long. It was just so long, intense and intricate.

Involved my niece being kidnapped, trying to find her, getting blamed for it by everyone after it turns out she died after they found the kidnapper, then being abducted myself and finding out she was still alive but they weee fattening her up for some reason and were going to kill me, somehow running away and getting to the cops and then them chasing all of them down - There was other stuff too but that was the gist.

• Shocked 1

That definitely sounds like a strange dream!  For the last 10-15 years i have recurring “flood themed” dreams. Maybe once a month, or every other month. Sometimes it’s this huge landscape of rough waves and everybody is just kind of riding it out. Other dreams involve a lot of water where I’m floating place to place. The dreams are never scary, I actually enjoy them.

On 11/26/2023 at 9:06 AM, stepee said:

Idk if Covid nightmares are a real thing or not (trying to google a consensus sounds like it’s own nightmare) but damn I hadn’t had any nightmares like last night in so long. It was just so long, intense and intricate.

Involved my niece being kidnapped, trying to find her, getting blamed for it by everyone after it turns out she died after they found the kidnapper, then being abducted myself and finding out she was still alive but they weee fattening her up for some reason and were going to kill me, somehow running away and getting to the cops and then them chasing all of them down - There was other stuff too but that was the gist.

I mean fever dreams are absolutely a thing so if you were febrile I can see a connection. My last real bad infection where I was running 101+ fever I was having terrifying dreams. 

So I haven’t been really having more nightmare dreams but I have been having more dreams I remember period, likely due to not doing any weed at the moment.

Anyway I just had this golden nugget in my dream last night:

So I’m leaving a mall and having issues with my bike yada yada yada it’s not important but I see comedian Steven Wright about to exit the mall behind me! 

Then as I’m debating if I should say something or not he gets on his bike and starts peddling but he runs into my bike that I apparently had left right in front of the door as I regrouped and he falls sideways flat on the ground.

He then makes some exoteric Wrightish joke that I’m guessing my brain couldn’t actually write and skipped over so I’ll just enter a random Wright joke here:

“My girlfriend hates it when we take a bath together and I practice skipping rocks.”

Then he gets up and he is pissed and I’m trying to be really apologetic as he starts riding away. But I still kind of want to say something to him, now thinking maybe if he knows I’m a fan that he won’t be as upset.

So I yell out to him “I loved your interview with Norm Macdonald!” and he then cycles around and goes “What did you just say to me?” and I panic, thinking he thought I said he WAS Norm. So I repeat “I loved the interview you did with him!” and he yells back, still angry, “It was for a paycheck!” And then continues to cycle away into the distance.