Sony Facing $7.9 Billion Class Action Lawsuit

Remarkableriots

WWW.REUTERS.COM

Sony must face a mass lawsuit worth up to 6.3 billion pounds ($7.9 billion) over claims the PlayStation maker abused its dominant position leading to unfair prices for customers, a London...

The initial lawsuit stems from PlayStation's terms and conditions for developers and publishers that sell games on the digital storefront. With Sony's 30% commission for games sold on the PlayStation Store, it is alleged that the company ends up charging consumers too much for digital titles.

Doesn't Nintendo and Microsoft charge the same amount as Sony?

24 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:
WWW.REUTERS.COM

Sony must face a mass lawsuit worth up to 6.3 billion pounds ($7.9 billion) over claims the PlayStation maker abused its dominant position leading to unfair prices for customers, a...

Doesn't Nintendo and Microsoft charge the same amount as Sony?

Yes, and so does Valve.

13 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

Didn't it originally have something to do with having to buy their gift cards from their store? Or something like that? Like, you couldn't buy from a third party, you HAD to buy from them? Or am I thinking of something else?

You can buy there gift cards all over. Best Buy, Gamestop, Walmart etc etc. Been that way for a while. Unless I'm not understanding what youre implying..

• True 1

9 hours ago, eventide11 said:

You can buy there gift cards all over. Best Buy, Gamestop, Walmart etc etc. Been that way for a while. Unless I'm not understanding what youre implying..

I don't even know what exactly it was, so I could be wrong. I just remembered something about their store being the only place you could get something. It was a few months ago so it could be completely unrelated to this.