Joy Ride

johnny

Anybody seen this movie? It's funny as FUCK. I'm pissed I missed this in theatres but you can buy it digitally. It's written/directed by one of the co-writers of the Crazy Rich Asians screenplay and has Stephanie Hsu from EEAAO. I give it my HIGHEST RECOMMENDATION 

IMG-6482

I indeed saw it, back at Cibemacon, and I got to chat for a bit with the stars as well as the writers and director when I went to the Lionsgate cocktail party.

Though my memory is foggy because I was 6 or 7 gin and tonics deep at this point.

The movie was interesting to me because I didn’t find it super funny most of the time, but I really appreciated the dramatic elements. It’s a really sweet movie at its core. I just as a general rule don’t find the over the top trying, to shock the audience, brand of humor very funny. I remember the movie that kind of put an end to me bothering with that particular type of comedy, and it was Super Bad.

But that is a definite different strokes for different folks issue

4 hours ago, sblfilms said:

IMG-6482

I indeed saw it, back at Cibemacon, and I got to chat for a bit with the stars as well as the writers and director when I went to the Lionsgate cocktail party.

Though my memory is foggy because I was 6 or 7 gin and tonics deep at this point.

The movie was interesting to me because I didn’t find it super funny most of the time, but I really appreciated the dramatic elements. It’s a really sweet movie at its core. I just as a general rule don’t find the over the top trying, to shock the audience, brand of humor very funny. I remember the movie that kind of put an end to me bothering with that particular type of comedy, and it was Super Bad.

But that is a definite different strokes for different folks issue

holy shit you met Mindy from emily in paris 

• Shocked 1

I saw it years ago. I dont know if I'd call it 'funny as fuck', but it's why I don't fuck with truckers. They spend,  mind-numbing, hours and days on the road. They're just looking for a reason to go a little crazy.

Caaannnnndddy Caaaannneee.

1 hour ago, Derek said:

I saw it years ago. I dont know if I'd call it 'funny as fuck', but it's why I don't fuck with truckers. They spend,  mind-numbing, hours and days on the road. They're just looking for a reason to go a little crazy.

Wrong Joy Ride, haha. But I moved that movie back in the day. 

• Hugs 1

2 hours ago, Derek said:

RIP Paul Walker 🌹

• Hugs 1