What's a good price for a 3060 Ti?

9 minutes ago, DPCyric said:

Ugh, maybe I just need to grab it that is a good price for a gaming PC problem is I absolutely adore my  Alienware case...

Does your case fit standard ATX motherboards? How big (watts) is your current psu? I could do price out parts for you (just give me a budget :p ). Also, do you have a Microcenter with in reasonable distance?

1 hour ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I know AMD GPUs are considered good because of their price per fps rasterized and the amount of VRAM. But I can’t help but feel the absence of DLSS, especially all the DLSS 3 features will be missed and likely lead to Nvidia GPUs able to perform higher and longer than their AMD counter parts. Plus the Nvidia cards just do RTX better, which I’m really liking in games. 

I don’t think I’d consider an AMD card until they caught up and had a proper equivalent to Nvidia’s DLSS features. AMD can’t even match DLSS 2.5. CPU wise is a different story. If I needed a new PC right now I’d get the 7800X3D and a 4070 (maybe the ti). 

I think that is the case with higher end GPUs, but not necessarily lower end GPUs.  The lack of VRAM on cheaper GPUs (below 12 GB) could become a huge issue in longevity.

DLSS is fantastic, and I think is being overlooked by many YouTubers, but I'm not convinced it is a panacea for underpowered GPUs -- I know it can turn OK into Good -- I'm dubious about whether it can turn "not good" into "good".  Frame generation hasn't shown to work particularly well at mid-low framerates, and upscaling doesn't work particularly well at lower resolutions.

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

Does your case fit standard ATX motherboards? How big (watts) is your current psu? I could do price out parts for you (just give me a budget :p ). Also, do you have a Microcenter with in reasonable distance?

About a 2 hour drive to Indianapolis Microcenter but I can always use an excuse to go to Indy. I'm not sure about the other questions I'll have to look when I get home. As for a budget I would like to stay under 2k.

28 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Once you let me know about your current PC case (to see if you can keep it) + PSU… oh, the PC I will part out for you :daydream:

We’ll also see if I can beat that first prebuilt I posted :p 

Here is the thing I've been trying to hold out on a big upgrade until Star Citizen officially launches because I want to play it in VR. However at this point I doubt we get another major engine overhaul (but I wouldn't put it past them) so I could probably safely upgrade now?

41 minutes ago, DPCyric said:

Here is the thing I've been trying to hold out on a big upgrade until Star Citizen officially launches because I want to play it in VR. However at this point I doubt we get another major engine overhaul (but I wouldn't put it past them) so I could probably safely upgrade now?

Get a new high end rig today and by the time Star Citizen is ready for its official release you’ll be ready for another huge rig upgrade to include the nvidia Omni skynet 9070. :p

• True 1

1 hour ago, DPCyric said:

I think the longer you can wait right now the better you can get later. Sales of new hardware aren't that good, so AMD, Intel, and Nvidia have dropped prices recently and I still believe they'll be dropping prices even more this year.

4 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

I think the longer you can wait right now the better you can get later. Sales of new hardware aren't that good, so AMD, Intel, and Nvidia have dropped prices recently and I still believe they'll be dropping prices even more this year.

This is true for pretty much all consumer electronics. Wait long enough for 50xx series cards to release and a rig with a 4070 will likely be $1000 or less. 

but not to diminish the point entirely you are right in that if you don’t need a new PC now waiting another 4-6 months and you can get something you’re looking at now for less or something better for the same price. The rub is that can be a seemingly endless wait until the current rig is no longer even in the minimum specs to run games. Eventually you just gotta hit add to cart and checkout. 

2 hours ago, DPCyric said:

I doubt there will be new hardware by then unless you’re willing to wait an extra month for Intel’s new CPUs (October):p 

BUT, wait until Labor Day sales, prices will likely drop lower.

You could snag a 4tb Gen4 m.2 now, though 

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

I doubt there will be new hardware by then unless you’re willing to wait an extra month for Intel’s new CPUs (October):p 

BUT, wait until Labor Day sales, prices will likely drop lower.

You could snag a 4tb Gen4 m.2 now, though 

I can wait until October I'm only really missing out on Halo Infinite and Street Figter VI right now. I still have plenty I can play (hope my rig runs Midnight Suns) and I won't be doing VR until the Quest 3 comes out anyways.

15 minutes ago, DPCyric said:

I can wait until October I'm only really missing out on Halo Infinite and Street Figter VI right now. I still have plenty I can play (hope my rig runs Midnight Suns) and I won't be doing VR until the Quest 3 comes out anyways.

I have a feeling there will be a nice sale/bundle on AM5 CPUs before the Intel 14th gen drops

17 minutes ago, DPCyric said:

Alright I just got a Series X to hold me over until then :lol:

de9656eb-bfa5-4e15-a075-5dc6e4a3bc3b.jpg
WWW.DELL.COM

Xbox Series X is powered by a custom-designed processor leveraging AMD's latest Zen 2 and RDNA 2 architectures. The new system on a chip (SOC) has been built from the ground up for speed and...

$450 at Dell

59 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

de9656eb-bfa5-4e15-a075-5dc6e4a3bc3b.jpg
WWW.DELL.COM

Xbox Series X is powered by a custom-designed processor leveraging AMD's latest Zen 2 and RDNA 2 architectures. The new system on a chip (SOC) has been built from the ground up for speed and...

$450 at Dell

Damn that's a deal! I got the Diablo bundle for $530.

Edit: Looks like I could have got if for $520 at Wal-Mart but I used my dad's total tech so I should be able to just go in and price match that.

8 hours ago, DPCyric said:

Damn that's a deal! I got the Diablo bundle for $530.

Edit: Looks like I could have got if for $520 at Wal-Mart but I used my dad's total tech so I should be able to just go in and price match that.

If you get the Diablo bundle price matched to $520 then it’s technically the same as the Dell deal :santasun:

Do you already have GamePass? If not, you can stock up on Ultimate at CdKeys.com for $25-30 per 3-months

6 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

If you get the Diablo bundle price matched to $520 then it’s technically the same as the Dell deal :santasun:

Do you already have GamePass? If not, you can stock up on Ultimate at CdKeys.com for $25-30 per 3-months

I do not thanks for the info!

6 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

be sure you’re actually paying with the zip pay option. Otherwise you wouldn’t get the discount. 

$528 for a RTX 4070 is pretty tempting, but I want to hold out. :(

Ah damn that was the problem and I tried using zip pay this time and I don't qualify for it (my credit is trash).

• Sad 1