What's a good price for a 3060 Ti?

On 7/8/2023 at 10:12 PM, DPCyric said:

If you see any absolutely absurdly good deals on a 3070 I guess that's an option as well.

There might be something on Prime Day. With the 3070, I’d be looking for $350ish or better considering the 4060 Ti is $400. I wouldn’t go for the 4060 Ti over the 3070 unless it were the 16gb model (that comes out this week) and you’re on a PCIE 4.0 or 5.0 port as apparently the 4060 Ti’s 128bit bus can cause performance loss on a PCIE 3.0 port vs a 4.0 or better for some reason according to some benchmarks I saw: it’s the first and only card I’ve seen where there was more than a 1-3% difference. I assume because it’s an 8x interface on top of the limited bus speed which would half the PCIE 3.0 bandwidth. The main issue with the 4060 Ti in terms of performance is that limited bus f’s performance badly if you hit the vram limit to where a 3060 starts competing with it.

9 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

There might be something on Prime Day. With the 3070, I’d be looking for $350ish or better considering the 4060 Ti is $400. I wouldn’t go for the 4060 Ti over the 3070 unless it were the 16gb model (that comes out this week) and you’re on a PCIE 4.0 or 5.0 port as apparently the 4060 Ti’s 128bit bus can cause performance loss on a PCIE 3.0 port vs a 4.0 or better for some reason according to some benchmarks I saw: it’s the first and only card I’ve seen where there was more than a 1-3% difference. I assume because it’s an 8x interface on top of the limited bus speed which would half the PCIE 3.0 bandwidth. The main issue with the 4060 Ti in terms of performance is that limited bus f’s performance badly if you hit the vram limit to where a 3060 starts competing with it.

I'm focused on 1440p and streaming to Quest 3 gaming maybe I should be considering the RX 6750 XT as well? I'm looking for close to $300 because if I get close to $500 I'll probably just get a Series X instead. 

4 hours ago, DPCyric said:

I'm focused on 1440p and streaming to Quest 3 gaming maybe I should be considering the RX 6750 XT as well? I'm looking for close to $300 because if I get close to $500 I'll probably just get a Series X instead. 

I think the 3070 outperforms the 6750xt a bit but it would be a good alternative if you can find it dirt cheap. Currently they seem to be priced pretty close to the 3070, and considering DLSS and nvidias extremely better RT performance, at current prices the 3070 is arguably better. The one advantage of the 6750 is the 12gb of VRAM vs the 8gb on the 3070.

What’s your ideal price range and max budget?

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

I think the 3070 outperforms the 6750xt a bit but it would be a good alternative if you can find it dirt cheap. Currently they seem to be priced pretty close to the 3070, and considering DLSS and nvidias extremely better RT performance, at current prices the 3070 is arguably better. The one advantage of the 6750 is the 12gb of VRAM vs the 8gb on the 3070.

What’s your ideal price range and max budget?

Yeah that's what I was thinking if I can find a stupid deal on the 6750xt it would be worth it because of the extra vram. I would like to keep under $350 anything above that starts getting close to the just buying a Series X price range.

50 minutes ago, DPCyric said:

Yeah that's what I was thinking if I can find a stupid deal on the 6750xt it would be worth it because of the extra vram. I would like to keep under $350 anything above that starts getting close to the just buying a Series X price range.

I’ll keep my eyes opened for you for sub-$350.

• Thanks 1

If you’re willing to spend a couple hundred more than that Series X a 4070 should pay you quite a while. Longer than the Series X would at least. Especially for any games also designed to run on a Series X. 

or maybe see if you can hold out a bit longer till at least the end of the year and see if the 4070 drops even more. You’re kind of right on the edge right now. Would suck a little if you settled for something that can’t do DLSS 3. 

37 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

If you’re willing to spend a couple hundred more than that Series X a 4070 should pay you quite a while. Longer than the Series X would at least. Especially for any games also designed to run on a Series X. 

or maybe see if you can hold out a bit longer till at least the end of the year and see if the 4070 drops even more. You’re kind of right on the edge right now. Would suck a little if you settled for something that can’t do DLSS 3. 

I'll have to look but I'm pretty sure I would need to do a full system upgrade to really make use of one anyways.

39 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

A 4070 is also substantially more powerful than a SeX.

I do have a digital library on Xbox that I don't currently have access to and the BC features are very attractive. I almost walked out of BestBuy with the Diablo edition one yesterday... if they had put some art on that console I wouldn't have resisted. 

15 minutes ago, DPCyric said:

I'll have to look but I'm pretty sure I would need to do a full system upgrade to really make use of one anyways.

that’s fair. If you’re used to PC gaming I don’t know how happy you’ll be jumping to the Series X. It’s already starting to hit a ceiling with games and features. It might be worth upgrading the PC bit by bit as you can afford it. 

In the long run I think you’ll be happier and with a machine that will last longer than a SeX. A SeX is charitably equivalent to a 20 series, only because of RTX. 

31 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

that’s fair. If you’re used to PC gaming I don’t know how happy you’ll be jumping to the Series X. It’s already starting to hit a ceiling with games and features. It might be worth upgrading the PC bit by bit as you can afford it. 

In the long run I think you’ll be happier and with a machine that will last longer than a SeX. A SeX is charitably equivalent to a 20 series, only because of RTX. 

Well I rarely play AAA games and one of the reasons I want to upgrade is because I can't play Halo Infinite on my current rig. The only reason beyond that I would need something better is for VR when I get the Quest 3 this fall. So maybe it's just better to see what good Cyber Monday deals come along this year?

10 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I have this model:

WWW.DELL.COM

With the Core i7 -3930k

7 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

6700 XT / 6750 XT ~$300 for Prime day.

With your current CPU, an AMD card will provide better performance as their drivers have less overhead than Nvidia drivers for older/lower end CPUs.

The 3060 Ti has been in the $275 range in the past couple days. I feel like $300 for a generally slower card isn’t a good price considering the recent pricing of the 3060 Ti unless you’re desperate to pull the trigger.

Also, @DPCyric 

desktop-alienware-r14-campaign-hero-504x
WWW.DELL.COM

Shop a futuristic Alienware gaming desktop outfitted for monster performance with AMD Ryzen 5000 series processors that let you push to unprecedented levels.

And also:

https://www.microcenter.com/product/666625/powerspec-g715-gaming-pc

On the Dell one people are using Amex and Rakuten cash back to get it down to $900-ish

43 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

The 3060 Ti has been in the $275 range in the past couple days. I feel like $300 for a generally slower card isn’t a good price considering the recent pricing of the 3060 Ti unless you’re desperate to pull the trigger.

6700 is only slower in the big ray tracing games. For anything else it is as good or faster. It's probably a better fit for him since he said he plays Halo, doesn't play many AAA games, and the 6700XT will most definitely be faster when paired with his current CPU. 

Nvidia cards don't like low IPC CPUs.

Although for his situation, whatever he can find cheaper is better. Even going as low as a 6600 XT or 3060 non TI. Cheaper, less monetary commitment if he plans to keep the current system for a while. Otherwise, spend bigger on something like a 6800 XT, and carry it over to a new system later.

50 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

6700 is only slower in the big ray tracing games. For anything else it is as good or faster. It's probably a better fit for him since he said he plays Halo, doesn't play many AAA games, and the 6700XT will most definitely be faster when paired with his current CPU. 

Although for his situation, whatever he can find cheaper is better. Even going as low as a 6600 XT or 3060 non TI. Cheaper, less monetary commitment if he plans to keep the current system for a while. Otherwise, spend bigger on something like a 6800 XT, and carry it over to a new system later.

You’re right about the 6700 vs the 3060 Ti (the 6700 is a little less than 3% faster at 1440p without RT), I was thinking of the 3070. I still think $300 isn’t an ideal price, though - it’s just the current best price. I’d argue the $350 budget is better put towards a new rig if possible considering the specs and pricing of the two I posted.

3 hours ago, cusideabelincoln said:

I plan on keeping my current system for a while still. There are lots of 6750 and 6700's around the $330 price point which one would you recommend? It looks like the jump to a 6800 would be a couple hundred dollars and from the video it seems the 6700 will mostly be performing as well for me.

23 minutes ago, DPCyric said:

I plan on keeping my current system for a while still. There are lots of 6750 and 6700's around the $330 price point which one would you recommend? It looks like the jump to a 6800 would be a couple hundred dollars and from the video it seems the 6700 will mostly be performing as well for me.

If you’re not opposed to manufacturer refurbished (meaning Sapphire themselves fixed whatever was wrong with new parts): 

s-l500.jpg
WWW.EBAY.COM

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for SAPPHIRE PULSE Radeon RX 6700 XT 12GB GDDR6 Graphics Card 11306-02-20G (Renewed) at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for...

Just message the seller to confirm it has a warranty from Sapphire (it should).

I just genuinely hate all 4 GPU options you’re looking at with the current $300+ price point :p 

I know AMD GPUs are considered good because of their price per fps rasterized and the amount of VRAM. But I can’t help but feel the absence of DLSS, especially all the DLSS 3 features will be missed and likely lead to Nvidia GPUs able to perform higher and longer than their AMD counter parts. Plus the Nvidia cards just do RTX better, which I’m really liking in games. 

I don’t think I’d consider an AMD card until they caught up and had a proper equivalent to Nvidia’s DLSS features. AMD can’t even match DLSS 2.5. CPU wise is a different story. If I needed a new PC right now I’d get the 7800X3D and a 4070 (maybe the ti).