Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown (PlayStation/Xbox/PC/Switch) - update: post-launch roadmap announced, including new story DLC "later" in 2024

It’s too bad as it’s a fantastic game but yeah..I don’t know what they were thinking with the price. It’ll sell more in time as the price goes down to what people are willing to pay for this type of game, but now they will probably not go back to this type for awhile. I think for this sort of thing in particular not launching on Steam hurts too.

It doesn’t mean the game isn’t worth $50, I think it is. A good game is a good game. And it’s actually pretty long for one of these. But fair or not people have their expectations on pricing for certain game types and this, like Sonic Superstars which also undersold due to a high price for a side scrolling platformer, and you just have to match that expectation usually.

Interesting bug on pc on this one. There is a point half wayish through where you receive a certain key from an enemy. As soon as you pick it up, the games performance tanks. If it does this and how much will depend on your cpu, but on the Steam deck this took me to from a solid 90fps to 60fps with drops.

But there is a fix! Turns out if you go and open every door around the area that the key opens (around 6 or so) then you start clawing back performance until it’s all back to normal when you finish unlocking them all. Might be fine after 4 or so but I wanted to make sure there weren’t issues later. 

So, I guess the game is hammering the cpu constantly confirming that you can open these doors now until you open them and it stops running the check?

Very strange. First time I can think of where I had to do a specific objective in a game to gain performance back. Maybe some game could use it as a souls-like mechanic where your performance goes down after you die and the game chugs until you restore your soul!

To be fair, there's an entire generation of gamers that have never played a Prince of Persia, and don't have any nostalgia to fall back on.

The ones that are old enough to remember are stingy old farts like me. And Ubisoft is infamous for putting shit on sale for like, 40% off within months of release.

• 3 weeks later...
WWW.VIDEOGAMESCHRONICLE.COM

The game’s first big update is “coming soon”…

Ubisoft Montpellier has said that Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown will receive new content and modes via a series of free updates.

In a video message posted on X, Lost Crown director Mounir Radi thanked fans for their reception to the game following its release last month.

“Thank you for all the love. It means the world to us seeing you enjoy your time with the game just as much as we do, which is why, I’m especially pleased to let you know that we are far from being done,” he said.

“We’ve got some cool plans for the coming months. These plans include free updates adding more content and modes. Modes for you to challenge, explore, and enjoy.

“Our first free update is coming soon,” he continued. “In the meantime, I would recommend you train with Artaban. And maybe try to beat the game in Immortals mode. These skills could come in very handy.”

• Hype 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown (PlayStation/Xbox/PC/Switch) - update: free updates to provide new content/modes
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown (PlayStation/Xbox/PC/Switch) - update: post-launch roadmap announced, including new story DLC "later" in 2024