Microsoft Raising Prices on New, First-Party Games Built for Xbox Series X|S to $70 in 2023

Brian

35 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Just adds more value to Game Pass

Sure, but we know a price increase is on the horizon for that too.

12 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I’m not sure there’s an upcoming Sony or MS first party game that has me locked in for day 1.

It's absurd that you can pick up Horizon 2 for $30 right now.  PS4 version with free upgrade... but still.  With these kind of drops still happening this gen, there's very few games I'd be willing to spend the full $70 on.

Things are so much worse for Switch 1st party games.

1 hour ago, crispy4000 said:

Sure, but we know a price increase is on the horizon for that too.

It's absurd that you can pick up Horizon 2 for $30 right now.  PS4 version with free upgrade... but still.  With these kind of drops still happening this gen, there's very few games I'd be willing to spend the full $70 on.

Things are so much worse for Switch 1st party games.

Exactly. Prices drop so fast and my backlog is so large that unless I get caught up in the zeitgeist I really have no problem waiting for games to drop to like half price or lower. Of course I realize that is a person to person thing, but it’s a nice place to be imo. 

I used to want to play all the big games of the year so I could listen to end of the year pods without getting spoiled, but now I just listen and sometimes it saves me money haha. 

2023 for me alone that I would pay $70 for, also assuming the A/B deal goes through":

Starfield

Forza 

Avowed if it hits, though this could be 2024

Diablo 4

Maybe

Redfall. 

I got lazy about MS Rewards points but I'm getting back on it as I assume Games Pass will soon rise in price and thus the point requirements will rise. Currently have GP through 04/25 at least.