The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror XXXIII…

Spork3245

… was… good(! :o ). 
I still watch The Simpsons out of pure habit despite the show being mostly bad for at least 20 years at this point. However, I am very surprised that this years ToH was the best in years, like, golden-era good… arguably top 10 ToH good. None of the three mini-stories were bad, none were “great” or on the level of Livingdoll, The Shinning, or Time and Punishment, but all three were good and none were bad (at all). If you were ever a fan of the show, I highly recommend giving this a watch, even just for the animation style of the second story.

Also, they did two ToH this year: last week’s episode they did an It spoof and dedicated the entire episode to it rather then rush it through a 7 minute mini-story, and, IMO, it was decent and worth giving a watch.

4 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Was interested because of the Death Note anime style of it but didn't watch.

Highly recommend giving it a watch. (Just putting what they spoofed in spoilers, no actual spoilers on the story/jokes)

Spoiler

The Babadook - actually creepy-ish

Death Note - wonderfully animated and well done script

Westworld - Itchy & Scratchy Land vibes

It was one of the better episodes and they actually went creepy scary too, but with the laughs. They also parodied IT (Not It! With Krusty) last week and much in the same vibes as last night. The Westworld one being my fav because it knew exactly what we all want to see.

Spoiler

It’s a Simpsons Meme world bringing back and showing classic moments from its history. 

One of these years, they have to do an Evil Dead episode. Call it The Evil Ned and have Henrietta be Maud in the cellar and have The Simpsons just arrive because it belongs to Stupid Flanders. 

2 hours ago, Massdriver said:

I've been watching The Simpsons from season 1 forward the last few weeks as my unwind show. I'm on season 5 right now and really like it. I've heard it gets worse when I get closer to recent episodes.

This is your first time watching it? After Season 12/13 it gets really bad for a long time with occasional glimmers of hope here and there.

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

This is your first time watching it? After Season 12/13 it gets really bad for a long time with occasional glimmers of hope here and there.

I’ve seen episodes here and there growing up, watched the movie, but I was not allowed to watch it as a child when at home and didn’t make a point to watch all the episodes as an adult. My wife is a fan and it just kind of felt right to watch it lately now that they’re on Disney. 

Some of these early episodes are really good. I’ve noticed as the seasons go on, the episodes are more absurd and improbable, and some of them I disliked. But most of them are still really well done.