Just Got Back From a Sigmoidoscopy

Keyser_Soze

• 1 month later...

Got back, they said everything is all good.

My in depth review @Greatoneshere would be proud of

• The Prep: Compared to the sigmoidoscopy they made me pick up this jug of "makes you shit juice" for the sigmoidoscopy they just told you to mix Miralax and gatorade, so I  asked if I could use that but they insisted on this new stuff. It's pretty potent, when I did my sigmoidoscopy prep I was literally pooping all night, like non stop. But with this solution it worked quickly and you could tell your but was done. So I give it high marks in potency. I had heard people complain about the taste of these things but I didn't find it neither bad nor good. It was kind of mildly salty tasting but nothing that made me want to not drink it.

• The procedure: I showed up 40 minutes early, the say be 30 minutes early but when I got there they took me in after 10 minutes. The nurse was very nice and friendly and very concerned about my cold hands. She couldn't find a vein for an IV so she called a dude in to do it. Then they wheeled my bed into the room and told me some stuff and since it's sedated I just woke up in a bed later. For comparison the sigmoidoscopy was NOT sedated so yeah a bit uncomfortable. In fact I told the nurse and she was surprised and asked "how did you do that" I just did I guess. 🤷‍♀️
    When I was laying there the nurse gave me an orange juice to drink, which was tasty enough.

As far as feeling bad after, I feel significantly better this time than when I did after my prior procedure. So now time to eat up!

• Like 3
  • Hugs 3