DnD movie trailer

21 hours ago, TwinIon said:

Saw it last night after my wife expressed an unanticipated interest. It's fine. It's pretty fun, light, and has just enough heart without totally overdoing it. It's by no means exceptional, but if they make a sequel I'd see it. Exactly the kind of movie that I have an A-List subscription for.

This is about right. I don't think any part of it is great, but it's consistently fun. There's a few points where it's almost too jokey to where it undercuts the stakes too much, but it toes the line pretty well. And they got some fun references in without being completely alienating for people who don't play D&D.

On 3/20/2023 at 12:17 PM, sblfilms said:

It’s honestly pretty fun. I don’t think it is a great flick by any means, but above average and entertaining. It is another example of a modern movie that could use a better editing philosophy because it really shouldn’t be more than 1:45.

They set up the possibility of a direct sequel, and big reason why the runtime is 2:14 is there's multiple flashbacks setting up backstory of the dude who would be the villain in the next one, and they probably could have just saved some of that for the hypothetical next movie.

• 3 weeks later...

I actually had a blast with this one. Yes it’s Guardians of the Galaxy lite, and yes it’s not the most groundbreaking movie you’ll see this year, but it’s made with real love for the property and I enjoyed it much more than than every MCU phase IV movie.

• 2 weeks later...