Update: Larry Nassar makes repeated contact with knife blade in Florida prison

I think it’s sad that as a whole prisoners do not treat each other better and we aren’t able to foster a better environment that actually promotes rehabilitation back into society as a better person. Guys like this are the exception and beyond forgiveness so I’m not mad if someone takes advantage of a bad situation for this dude to feel some pain.

• True 1

The recidivism rate for child abusers is high, they are not able to be fixed. I wasn’t the first survivor of my abuser.

At some level justice matters too, not just rehabilitation. These people deserve to feel the pain they’ve inflicted on others, I’ve spent a lifetime unpacking the damage, they deserve a fraction of that pain.

It's entirely possible to be largely indifferent to the fate of an unmitigated monster like Larry Nassar and still be appalled at the safety (or lack thereof) of the conditions in the American carceral system.  These things are not mutually exclusive in the least.

Also, I've looked up the definition of "virtue signaling" and concluded that the entire concept is some completely fabricated bullshit.

• Like 2
  • Halal 6

13 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

It's entirely possible to be largely indifferent to the fate of an unmitigated monster like Larry Nassar and still be appalled at the safety (or lack thereof) of the conditions in the American carceral system.  These things are not mutually exclusive in the least.

Also, I've looked up the definition of "virtue signaling" and concluded that the entire concept is some completely fabricated bullshit.

I agree with the overall point, I want our system to be about rehabilitation for most, it would make everything better including my job. If we could fix the issues upstream they’d never get to me.

but certain people are not fixable and there’s a reason so many child abusers cry for protective custody. Dive into the data, so much of societal issues are based on childhood trauma.

33 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

Also @Air_Delivery im sorry

i just had therapy a bit ago and this shit is fresh on my mind, I shouldn’t have snapped at you.

I don't mean everyone but whenever I see my FB feed saying stuff like "I would have finished the job" and "He deserves that and worse" I can't help think they are just "showing off for the crowd".

Obviously for people who have real experience with this kind of thing its personal. 

I don't feel bad that he was fucked up but I can't help cringe at the horror of our prison system.

34 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

I don't mean everyone but whenever I see my FB feed saying stuff like "I would have finished the job" and "He deserves that and worse" I can't help think they are just "showing off for the crowd".

Obviously for people who have real experience with this kind of thing its personal. 

I don't feel bad that he was fucked up but I can't help cringe at the horror of our prison system.

I don’t want him dead, I want him to so end the rear of his life with nightmares, to feel what his victims feel. 

our system is horrid, but monsters do exist I assure you.