DF: Does the original Xbox One keep up with cross-gen games today?

crispy4000

TL:DW: Forza Horizon 5 does great, others are either pushing beyond the hardware or aren't properly optimized for it, like Tales of Arise lacking a 30fps cap.

----

Things were already pretty rocky for the base One and S during the mid-cycle, but there were many more exceptions of decently optimized AAA games than now.  It begs the question of how much sooner Series S gets blown past.

Traded mine in when I got my Series X system too. My One X I think was also developing some issues, but it might of been my portable 2Tb Seagate causing some of the issues. I would try to hook it to my system and it would automatically shutdown my system. Haven’t tried it yet on my Series X but need to find it again

If you're still rocking (only) a One S in 2022, you don't get to complain about your games running like shit. Especially with Series S's in abundance.

I had my o.g. XBO in the living room as a media streaming device, but it ran worse and worse with every update. I couldn't wait to get an XSX/S so I could move my One X out there.

• Halal 1

I felt the same when I got rid of my One X for the Series X. The difference I think is huge and the system seems responsive and not sluggish like the last gen system. I went through all 3 iterations from launch system, one s, and one x. I would say that the one s was my favourite of the 3 releases.

3 hours ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

If you're still rocking (only) a One S in 2022, you don't get to complain about your games running like shit. Especially with Series S's in abundance.

Someone who bought a One as their one-and-done console last gen should try to find a Series X instead, if they want to ride this gen out similarly.

Games like Shadow of Mordor last gen and Cyberpunk also crossed a bridge too far.  There is such a thing as a game that performs so badly it shouldn’t be sold on a system, IMO.