Ocean's Heart: a great Zelda-like in the style of Minish Cap!

GameDadGrant

Been playing this indie title a lot lately. It's pretty great! Done in a traditional "top-down" 2D The Legend of Zelda style, this game evokes the vibes of The Minish Cap from the GBA era. Nintendo doesn't seem keen on making new 2D Zelda games lately (unless you count the Link's Awakening remake) so if you want your fix for that kind of 2D action/adventure game, I highly recommend it. Has anyone else tried this one?

FPc3wZrUcAI6aYu?format=jpg&name=large

FPc3wZrVIAYSNuB?format=jpg&name=large

FPc3wZRVIAEJCI3?format=jpg&name=large

FPc3aVFVEAIVF5d?format=jpg&name=large

FPc3aVPUYAI1Ain?format=jpg&name=large

FPc3aVFVgAAMj2K?format=jpg&name=large

FPc3aVPVEAE-mN3?format=jpg&name=large

I put about half an hour into this one in February of last year. Seemed neat but a little... milquetoast, I guess? I'm all for more top-down Zelda clones but I never felt really connected here. Does it pick up? I actually think I enjoyed Blossom Tales more, though I didn't finish either.

Maybe I should check this out again. I think something about the NPCs really struck me as super boring.

• Like 1

@Xbob42

The NPCs range from boring to mildly entertaining, IMO. The main character has a snarky sense of humor so some of the enjoyment of the dialogue comes from her. But most of the stuff said is just "Go here because reasons." Thankfully the gameplay is solid.

@Keyser_Soze

At $8.99 it's perfect for any platform! :D 

@Phaseknox

You got a gaming PC? Apparently this is also on Steam, which was news to me. Or maybe you need to pick up a newer, more relevant system? 

@dualhunter

It was actually the opposite for me. I wasn't really feeling it at first, but after a half hour or so I dug in and started loving it. It's...charming, I guess! 

2 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

@Phaseknox

You got a gaming PC? Apparently this is also on Steam, which was news to me. Or maybe you need to pick up a newer, more relevant system? 

I don’t have a gaming PC, and my PS4 is currently relevant as I have 600+ games for it and there’s still more out and coming out that I want. Some indie games aren’t on PlayStation and Xbox consoles for some reason, and Ocean’s Heart just happens to be one of them.

• Like 1