Elex II - Kinda Poo

Mr.Vic20

As you all likely know, I had a great time with Elex, as I have had with all of PB's games. I've accepted the jank, the terrible dialog, the sub par graphics, and the ancient UI and Combat because these games do a thing most don't. They let you go anywhere and get into the level of trouble you feel like managing regardless of the disparity between your power and whoever you pissed off.  You can play the game on rails or break the world, its up to you and your dedication to exploration and character development. 

So as the credits roll on Elex II, all I can say is, what happened?! The first half of the game plays out just like Elex but more empty(first signs of trouble). The second half is a ridiculous repeating slog of go here and kill "X" amount of this enemy type. Over and over, and over for hours. They literally replace content with mission based treadmills. Elex II is not jank, it is stank. The end... :sadsun:

• Sad 2

Shame. I haven't played it yet. I do somewhat regret getting it as I don't know when I'll actually get around to playing it, but I also heard that ELEX 1 didn't go on sale very often and I figured that 28% off wasn't going to get much better anytime soon. Performance is pretty crap for a game that kinda looks like crap. I mean, Elden Ring runs better. Pretty much waiting for a patch or until I get a new PC at this point. Both seem very far off or unlikely to happen. 

38 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Damn, I bought the first one for 7 bucks. Is it not even worth that?

Well, here the thing, the first half is Elex as you would expect. The cookie cutter second half just leave you with a bad taste in your mouth. You’ll get many hours of Elex fun before it poops out in you. So maybe it’s worth 20 bucks.  

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

Shame. I haven't played it yet. I do somewhat regret getting it as I don't know when I'll actually get around to playing it, but I also heard that ELEX 1 didn't go on sale very often and I figured that 28% off wasn't going to get much better anytime soon. Performance is pretty crap for a game that kinda looks like crap. I mean, Elden Ring runs better. Pretty much waiting for a patch or until I get a new PC at this point. Both seem very far off or unlikely to happen. 

Inexplicably, late game mission only enemies level scale to match your character. This means a Rando foot spiller can be as tough as a cyclops and thanks to the mission structure you will be fighting a couple dozen of them per mission. By then your character is a tank so it’s just two idiots chipping away at each other’s life bar over, and over, and over, and over…

25 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Inexplicably, late game mission only enemies level scale to match your character. This means a Rando foot spiller can be as tough as a cyclops and thanks to the mission structure you will be fighting a couple dozen of them per mission. By then your character is a tank so it’s just two idiots chipping away at each other’s life bar over, and over, and over, and over…

ryan reynolds hd GIF