'Missions And Rewards' Added To Nintendo Switch Online

GameDadGrant

1280x720.jpg
WWW.NINTENDOLIFE.COM

Earn Platinum Points to unlock new 'user elements' - Nintendo has announced that 'Missions' and 'Rewards' have been added ...

Nintendo has announced that 'Missions' and 'Rewards' have been added to Nintendo Switch Online.

These elements can be accessed by navigating to the NSO icon on your Switch home screen then selecting the 'Missions & Rewards' section. Here, you'll find a list of available missions, which are related to (as Nintendo puts it) "things you’re probably already doing with your Nintendo Switch Online membership, like playing online or trying out the library of classic games."

So, what do you get for taking part in these missions? Platinum Points, that's what. These can be redeemed for items in the My Nintendo Store as usual, but also "new member-exclusive icon elements you can collect and put together to create a new user icon."

What are icon elements, you ask? These are frames, characters and background elements that you can use to customise your user icon on your Switch console. This is the icon that people see when you're online, too, so there's a motivation to making yours as unqiue as possible.

Each month will have a different theme and icon elements will be refreshed each and every week – at the moment, we've got Animal Crossing: New Horizons (March birthdays) and Super Mario Odyssey-themed elements to earn.

More info on Nintendo's official website. CLICK!

15 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

What a precarious way to hold a switch.

Ha! Though, now that I look at the picture closer? Is it just me, or does that Switch look *really* small? It looks like the size of maybe the Lite, but that's an OG Switch for sure. 

Maybe this person just has a massive hand? :confused:

59 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

What I would like them to do is add Home Screen themes as unlockables. It's been 5 years and all we have a Black or White. 

3DS had themes three years into its lifespan. What gives. 

streaming apps first plz

On 3/4/2022 at 10:46 AM, GameDadGrant said:

I mean…sure. Personally I’ve found that streaming stuff on my smart TV or tablet/laptop is just easier and more convenient. A game system that has apps just seems superfluous now.

At home it's not really needed, sure, but I'm thinking about traveling. There are a lot of trips where I'm not going away for long enough to lug multiple different devices along, and having some streaming options would make the Switch the go-to travel device. It was already a shame to not have the option with the screen on the original Switch (since its screen is quite a bit bigger than even something like a Samsung Note) and it's even more of a shame with the by all reports gorgeous screen on the Switch OLED.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jason said:

At home it's not really needed, sure, but I'm thinking about traveling. There are a lot of trips where I'm not going away for long enough to lug multiple different devices along, and having some streaming options would make the Switch the go-to travel device. It was already a shame to not have the option with the screen on the original Switch (since its screen is quite a bit bigger than even something like a Samsung Note) and it's even more of a shame with the by all reports gorgeous screen on the Switch OLED.

Fair enough. I always travel with...like, ALL THE DEVICES so this scenario wouldn't effect me. But that's a personal-level thing. And to be clear, I'm not *against* having streaming services on Switch. If they were made available, that's cool. I'm just thinking that personally, I wouldn't use them that much. 

And at home, yeah...it's even more useless. My PS3 used to be my go-to device at home for streaming, but I haven't used a Playstation for streaming in years now. But it's cool that it has that functionality! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/1/2022 at 1:07 PM, stepee said:

how many missions to unlock folder support on switch

Apparently the answer to this was one mission.

It’s not how I would like it, you have to scroll to “all software” and then hit lb and you get a menu of folders you’ve made. I’d rather be able to pin them at the front instead of recently played. Ideally, let me pin all those at the front. Also you can select multiple games in multiple folders which I’m not sure if I like. The problem is I have too many games and to get all of them into a folder it’s kinda hard to make sure I’ve sorted everything. Advantage though being you can have a platformer folder and a Mario folder and have Mario Maker 2 in both for instance.

Anyway, only took fucking 5 years to add them in when 3ds already had them for a bit before switch launch, but it’s better than literally nothing!

• Like 1